Reviews for Blood and Dreams
Arista Everett June chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Sadly true...

AEJ
Purplemonkey123 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Beautiful poem I saw one mistake the line "Remembering the forgot" should be "Remembering the forgotten" I think that's right? good job!
Eye Decay chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
A very deep poem, this was. It sums up the tragic history and nature of humans and their bloodshed, all for the purpose of earning freedom for whatever it was they were fighting for. Even sacrificing their own lives.

It was well written, though the rhyming kind of caught me off guard. It was still interesting to read, though.
J112011 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I would lie if I said I understand the meaning of every line in this poem, but that, I am afraid, is due to the fact that understanding rhyming poetry in English is still pretty difficult for me.

That said, I like the lines "That dreams must be bought / Often by sacrifice" and "Believing dreams are free / Makes freedom a dream /

Its loss of little esteem" but it's better if I don't try to explain why, because I'd just trivialize this poem. I'm just sorry overall that I'm afraid you are right, that "battles must ever be re-fought." Doesn't speak very well of humanity, does it?
Anthony G. Cirilla chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I think the content of this poem is exceptional. I don't really think your poem earns its rhyme scheme. That is to say, I think the rhyme scheme is a distraction and doesn't really seem to add anything to the content, so much as rhymes for the sake of making a poem that rhymes. I would reconsider this poem and see if you can take it in another direction.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Life is such a paradox. But well said :)

I like the way the poem starts & finishes on the same rhyme, reinforcing the idea of coming full circle.
natmarie chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Interesting concept. They rhyming is a little forced for me, but adds to the immediacy of poem. Nicely done.
LostInMe chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
The rhyme scheme's a bit erratic, but the message is great - sad and true. Very well thought-out.
Lady Livia chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
I really liked this... especially the last line. It seemed to wrap it all up nicely and add even more depth.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I like the concept behind it, and the ending lines are great.
shadesilver chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
nice...well - that can be disputed due to the theme

but i liked - again, see above - it.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
"Remembering the forgot." The word 'forgot' should probably be 'forgotten' here.

The message is powerful, but to be honest, I found the rhyme scheme to be a little bit distracting-you did a good job of connecting everything while still keeping the form, but personally, I think the piece would flow better if every other line rhymed or something like that.

I liked all of the lines that mentioned 'thougts' or 'dreams.' They were vivid and thought-provoking.

Keep up the good work. :)