Reviews for Unrequited
pterodactylion chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
Ermahgerd i laughed so hard at the review that said "this story is so heterosexual it's not funny"

But um now I kind of know that Liam and Charlie aren't going to end up together

So um I'm just going to go and write an alternate ending for myself to read at the end when it gets too heart-breakingly hetero.
whitecrow2 chapter 29 . 8/24/2012
Sorry came late would love to have reviewed while you were writing this! Great writing, so natural and down to earth and such believable characters acting like humans we see around us. You really got their voices so individually and so realistically, plus as the other reader commented, their totally believable and interesting psychology and motivations. This was amazingly well constructed, if a little long (early chapters could have done with some striking out, I felt) but just a nit-pick really. Thank you so much for this well-crafted story, hoping to read many more by you!
k4k chapter 29 . 8/12/2012
It was awesome! Though I am mostly reluctant about cheesy storylines, this one looked promising. And it didn't disappoint. The ending at the end was mellow and realistic. It was the natural ending to the story. So many characters too remained on the sidelines mere, especially Austin(!), with Marcus getting all thw attention. I don't mind a single word though. As I'm writing, I could give you pointers here and there, but who am I kidding. When I was reading it, I gobbled everything up.

Again I didn't like the ending. But I aprreciate it you did it that way. Because I know I would be rolling my eyes if Liam suddenly changed his character midway. In fact, I loved it you did it that way. I was reading this story for a filmy drama. But it suddenly showed me the real world. I drew many lessons from it, just when I needed them. Life has a way of reaching across to you. Thank you for this! And many more again... :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Right off the bat, the summary reminds me of the movie 'Threesome' in which a girl falls in love with her roommate who is almost-sure he is gay; the gay guy falls in love with their straight male roommate; and the straight male roommate falls in love with the girl. It becomes this whole crazy love triangle and they eventually have a threesome and things get complicated, yadayada...

Point is, I'm giving this story a shot because (as cheesy as that '90s movie was) I like that movie.
mushplomplom chapter 28 . 4/8/2012
That was the most hetrosexual gay-themed story I ever skimped
mushplomplom chapter 12 . 4/8/2012
Oop looks like the girlfriend and boyfriend had a lover's spat
mushplomplom chapter 10 . 4/8/2012
This story is so hetrosexual its not even funny.
sick at heart chapter 29 . 3/24/2012
Hey, I really loved this story a lot. The Paige/Charlie relationship and dynamic was perfect. It was clear from the start that their relationship was the central part of the storyline and I thought that was really neat. I think their separation did them some good and they both matured before reuniting. And oh my gosh, Liam. He is still such an enigma. I kind of wished we had known more about why he does the things he does, but I guess it's better to remain in the dark about some things. It was obvious that Charlie wasn't in love with him, more infatuated, but at the same time I expected him to be more sad when their friendship ended. I mean, they had a lot of really deep moments. Anyway, cheers to you for writing a kickass story! :)
understand chapter 14 . 2/21/2012
At this point in the story I really want him to get with the waiter. Dan, was it? I enjoy this story but Liam makes me nervous.
xfffxfxfx chapter 29 . 1/27/2012
I find this story quite tragic. I mean, for Liam and Charlie both, it was an important friendship. The fact that they threw the baby of their friendship under the wheels of sexuality and watched as the guts squelched out is just heartbreaking. I mean, remember when Liam brought Charlie over for thanksgiving. He was so proud to have a cool friend. And everyone remarked at how much of a loner he was. And then, gone, gone like the wind, so they could have like a month of making out. And Charlie is as much to blame. He doesn’t bring it up when it happens, and he doesn’t argue when Liam ends their friendship. At least he gets Paige back; but who does Liam get?

It all breaks my heart. Neil Young sings “Only love can break your heart,” but I guess friendship can too.

I think your characters are pretty psychologically in depth. You have a good grasp of them, and their interactions drive the plot. I think you did a good job of showing Paige and Charlie’s unhealthy relationship in the beginning, and showing them change over time.

I can’t help but feel that you could have told the same story equally well with two thirds of the length. Not that there is a whole lot of slack, but a bit more dramatic intensity would help.

Overall, an absorbing story that affected me a lot. Thanks.
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 29 . 1/24/2012
awww, paige's POV made me love her even more, sooo cute! i would probably have started pulling my hair reading too much of that though, she's very unique xD
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 28 . 1/24/2012
i'm so glad paige and charlie forgave each other, their friendship was just so deep )

i love how you ended it! with liam just being a person in the background, not really important. felt good to know he wasn't the center of charlies universe, that both he and paige grew and got a better relationship out of everything.

of course, i would have loved for liam to become obsessed with chrlie and charlie not giving a damn about him xD but this was just a beautiful way for it all to end! thank you so much for a wonderful story!
veldraphone chapter 22 . 1/23/2012
charlie is so cute!
veldraphone chapter 20 . 1/23/2012
...HELL YEAH!
D-Mish chapter 29 . 11/5/2011
Wow man... that ending.. So appropriately realistic but so sad too. They wouldn't have made a good couple anyway. Great mates (So I'm sad they couldn't stay mates) but not so much as a couple. I love Charlie's character though. Great writing, loved it despite the almost sad ending
271 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »