Reviews for Unrequited
lovesyoumore chapter 5 . 10/19/2011
umm. why does this look practically similar to the book 'pretty things'..

"Charlie" is in love with a straight slut

"Paige" is ditzy, antisocial, and in love with gay best freind

"Charlie boy"?

?
Ibbit chapter 29 . 9/20/2011
Gorgeous chica. Took me forever to read this, but it was 100% worth it. The ending was kinda.. realistic. Sadly so. I dunno, I guess I've been reading too many sap-fests. They have to have a happy ending, with lovely hearts and cheesy lines every other sentence.

Anyways, this is beautiful. And just very realistic. The characters are well drawn out and detailed. And I keep repeating myself, it feels. This is wonderful, all I can say really.

Luck with future whatevers.

~ibbit:]
rosieroo chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Hey there! I'm Rosie from A Drop of Romeo (usually I don't login, but you don't accept anonymous reviews) and I'm pleased to say that your story has been inducted into ADoR's archive under the Miscellaneous category! Here's your raving review:

Rosie Thinks: This story is a slash but is in the Miscellaneous category because it is so much more than that. The author, All Good Things, focuses a lot on friendship and how important friends are, as well as focusing on a budding relationship. The story is based around three main characters (Charlie, Paige, Liam) and each have their own, non-cliche personality. All three characters are explored in depth, especially how they've grown and changed. Paige is the beautiful, seemingly superficial girl who should be popular yet only has one friend, due to her neurotic tendencies. She's the type of crazy individual that reminds everyone of someone. The story is told entirely in first person and Charlie's voice is very distinct and witty. All Good Things' writing style is unique and her way of writing Charlie's view on the world is insightful and genuine, especially since it's a girl author writing about a boy. The dialogue is quick and amusing and the plot is entertaining and, most importantly, feasible. The ending is highly realistic too with a very nice 'feel good' mood. The grammar and punctuation are all superb and I didn't find myself confused or lacking in details once. It's a very funny read that shows you that people aren't always what you expect.
Fumiki chapter 28 . 8/7/2011
I'm going to be honest and say I'm disappoint. The storyline, how Charlie is Liam's only friend in college, how Liam took him to meet his family, you gave me hope that they'll going to end up together.

I love your writing style, but I'm still feeling down from disappointment XD I'd appreciate it if you write sequel to this. I'll be waiting! )
lovingangel94 chapter 28 . 7/11/2011
This was an amazing story! I started it and didn't stop until the end.
Vera Dicere chapter 28 . 6/30/2011
I don't think I can adequately express my love for this story...it was simply wonderful. Your characters were so real and 3-dimensional, and the situations you set up were all fully believable as they happened. I do wonder a little about Liam's repeated hook ups with Charlie (as in, why it wasn't simply a one night stand) since that didn't seem to be the same pattern of behavior he followed with girls (but it's not really a criticism so much as a curiosity). And I will admit I was a little sad that Charlie and Liam were no longer friends by the end of the story (I really grew attached to Liam (and his family!), even if he is a womanizer) and that Charlie didn't have a boyfriend, but I'm hopeful about these one shots and potential sequels you've mentioned...

You, my dear, are definitely going on my alerts list. Also, I just have to say, it was kind of endearing the way some of your British-isms came through in the story, whether intentional or not. :)
jayanx chapter 28 . 6/24/2011
I really loved watching your characters grow and change over the course of this story. No one came off as a cliché or a stereotype, and I enjoyed the depth of character. A great coming of age story.
Sure Things Falling chapter 28 . 6/24/2011
I just read through this whole thing, and must admit that it has to be one of the best stories I've had the pleasure of reading on this site, and I have read just about all of them.

Paige is the most amazing character, she reminds me so so much of my own best friend that it's scary. Nail painting, neuroticism and hair products all included. I will admit I didn't exactly like Liam all that much, but Marcus and Austin were adorable as anything. They don't exactly seem suited to each other, but you make it work so well for them that it just made me happy inside.

I was a little sad that Charlie didn't wind up with someone out of this whole ordeal, but I think I also like that. There aren't too many slash stories which don't have hopelessly sappy endings after all.

In conclusion... Congratulations on a job well done. You actually earned yourself a review, which is something I almost never do, so that is definitely an accomplishment in and of itself. I'm looking forwards to reading the rest of your work. Adios.
bad-p0sture chapter 28 . 6/21/2011
This story really impressed me. You really are a talented writer.

I'm so glad Paige and Charlie ended up as friends again, although I never really sided with one or the other. Paige was in denial about her "future husband" being gay and in Charlie's eyes a part of him wasn't being accepted by his best friend. So I guess I could understand why they were both upset.

How it ended with Liam was something I knew had to happen, it made reading this so much more realistic. More than once I have read the situation where the straight guy magically turns gay, or was just deep in denial. I'm so glad you didn't do that, even though I totally wished it would have happened for Charlie's sake.

So thanks for writing this. It was fun to read.
Requiem -Inori chapter 28 . 5/23/2011
It took Charlie all of that just to find out how much of a scum bag Liam is. I just can't believe he took it so well. Well, at least Paige found happiness and I'm glad her and Charlie are friends once again. I loved this story!
Requiem -Inori chapter 7 . 5/22/2011
I just want to say that in this chapter you mention Charlie's underused car, but in chapter 3 you said that he has no car.
Eternal Night the First chapter 28 . 4/26/2011
This story's one of the very best i've ever read. I'm really glad i got to read it. Ur way of writing is realistic and yet it still contains the touch of the book. Great work!
Faded Galaxia chapter 28 . 4/24/2011
Oh my goodness...I'm in tears. This story was incredible.
Nicholas Scott chapter 28 . 3/22/2011
Utterly phenomenal. In turns beautiful and heart wrenching. I think I was more upset about the breakup than Charlie was. How is that possible. I guess that whole romantic notion of happily ever after is stuck in my head and I wanted Liam and Charlie to be together. I was so enchanted, so completely enamoured with Charlie. What a beautiful character you created in him. And Liam. Flawlessly portrayed and I loved him. The two of them together was so charming and wonderful I just wanted it to last forever. Sigh. By far my most favorite story Ive read here at fictionpress. Thank you for introducing Charlie and Liam to me. Sitting and reading the whole thing in one sitting, compelled against my will to read chapter after chapter to the inevitable conclusion was ever so delightful.
violetdusk12 chapter 28 . 3/9/2011