Reviews for The Bonny Ship
R. Ficst chapter 18 . 1/20
Wonderful work. Thank you so much for posting!
The Phoenix Girl chapter 18 . 11/9/2013
One of the best pirates stories I've ever read! Amazing job! I loved it :)
asianinvasion0530 chapter 18 . 10/27/2013
Wow I'm so glad someone recommended this fic to me because I absolutely loved it! I loved how Eva was such a strong, brave, sassy female lead and I loved the complexity of every character, especially Shelley! The incorporation of fantastical elements into a historical setting worked really well and added so much more mystery and suspense to the story! Overall, just a very well-written and meticulously proofread story (seriously - almost no typos at all) with amazing characterization and descriptions. This is definitely going in my favorites list! :)
hopelessromantic3 chapter 17 . 7/26/2013
What an amazing story! I absolutely loved every part of it! _
Thank you!
Tay chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
I absolutely adore this. Somewhere in the beginning, I made the connection with Captain Hook, but I had assumed that it was simply a coincidence. However, once "time stood still" and the kid was named Peter and mermaids, I nearly had an aneurism. I mean, this kind of makes me think of the villain's story and I adore that. You're a talented writer, though I would watch for some minor technical errors. Rest assured that they do not detract from the work. Overall. This was totally my fix.
Pandorica 11 chapter 18 . 5/16/2013
I devoured this story. In my opinion the writing is very good, and the pacing keeps a reader interested but not overwhelmed. The characters are believable and lovable and the romance was perfect. I seldom find a story with affection between characters so strong yet not graphic or over-the-top. I really, really hope you continue writing other stories of the same genre.
Anon chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Great start ;)
I don't want to be annoying or anything but I'm sorry to point out you've made a spelling error. A rope is not pulled 'taught', it's pulled 'taut'.

Other than that everything looks fine, thanks for uploading your writing :)
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 18 . 4/1/2013
This wasreally good! I love your characters, amd how they matured, and the pace was really good. I was a little wary when I saw it was on,y 18 chapters. But then I saw the word count hehehe thats quite an achievment, 140k in so few chapters.

I love the pace of eva and James' (I love love love that name) relationship, i lovehow they had their little tiffs but it wasnt like get together, argue, big break up, then make up, which I liked.

I like the inclusion of the mermaids and the back stories of both James and Eva, it was awesome. I like how James didn't age. I take ot they start aging when they leave th island?

One thi g I wasn't quite sure of. Was Evas ship, the Phoenix, traveling near the island when she dropped the locket for the mermaids? Or was it elsewhere? I was just wondering how it wasn't ship wrecked. Forgive me so such an ignorant question.

I loved this, I have just finshed the sequel, and am about to revjew that too. I'm really glad the FP author Trustme reconmended this to me, after I read her story and asked for some good pirate recs. if you know any good pirate fics, or any good fantasy/adventure/romance fics I'd love it if you could let me know.

(Long review!) awesome job! I might read some of your others, i saw you had several other series too :P
FallenHunterFollowMe chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I just have to say; I'm in absolute LOVE with this story! All of your stories in fact :) You're such a talented author, and I can tell you put a lot of time, effort, and research into each one!
my princess ending chapter 18 . 3/26/2013
Idk man. I don't know what took me so long to finish reading this but I finally did. I suppose it was just this other story that caught my eye. I can promise you that it wasn't the story that made me take so long, in fact, I loved it. On to the review...

First of all, your writing is absolutely amazing in my opinion. There is the right amount of detail and let's just say it's way more skilled than a published author's writing, in my opinion.

I absolutely love how you don't use author notes anywhere in your story. I feel like it's very organized when there aren't any author notes.

The story line is amazing. I thought the falling in love process was a bit out of place but the love between the two was definitely evident...if that made any sense.

I look forward to reading the sequel.(:
xoxo,
JustWish
StrangeHollow chapter 2 . 3/21/2013
Wow, you accomplished a lot with this chapter! Got lots of people introduced, got Eva on the ship. She's such a spirited character, I love her. Oh, I think it would be funny if you had her using the chain of her trap to whack randomly at the pirates when she tries to escape them. Cuz I think she would need something to keep them away from her for so long, or else they might have caught her pretty quickly. Then maybe Shelley could grab an end when she flails it out and yank her down, and that's how they catch her. Then you can have a funny scene later where she sees chain marks on the people she whacked, lol.
Also I thought it was hilarious that Mr. Ezra was totally ignored that whole time after he passed out. That made me laugh. All your characters are so great. Mr. Bird cracked me up too, I don't remember him from the original, he isn't new is he? I think you should draw him. :D
StrangeHollow chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Yay! I'm so excited to finally be reading the finished version! I still like that you jumped right into the action here
Phayre chapter 12 . 2/21/2013
Love the writing style and characters. I really hope you manage to publish this.
R.K. Iris chapter 3 . 2/3/2013
Love Eva-she's not the swooning types, and love their bantering, too. Lachlan's a cool guy...and I'm glad none of these pirates are the archtypal kind...sheesh, the stuff we have to read to get to the good one.
Well, I'm going to read the next chapter.

R.K. Iris.
R.K. Iris chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
I adore your writing style-and writing a story like this must've taken quite a bit of research to have been done. Cheers, luv.

R.K. Iris