Reviews for The Bonny Ship
Alex chapter 10 . 12/31/2012
You write very well, I enjoy the way you describe the scenery in such detail. the length of your chapters is also a rare thing to see on this site. Howwever, the length is good because you feel as if you're reading a novel. I've never read in this pirate romance genre, but from what I've read online, it generally seems to be of the harlequin romance type, which I don't necessarily enjoy. this story doesn't seem to be like those novels, and gives focus to a larger plot other than the potential romance between the captain and Eva. I also enjoy the way their romance is taking time to form, it is much more realistic this way. Anyway, I have written too much. I just wanted to say keep up the good work, this story is a true gem.
InkedGirl chapter 17 . 12/28/2012
Truly amazing story. Your writing is fabulous along with all of your characters.
InkedGirl chapter 14 . 12/28/2012
They are soooo cute!
InkedGirl chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Wonderful descriptions! You do a truly great job of showing instead of telling.
FeatherfooD chapter 18 . 12/17/2012
This is one of those hidden gem stories on Fictionpress! Really, I haven't read such a well-written pirate tale in AGES. It even tops quite a few of the published books I've browsed. Well done you, well done! :)
MissKukyMonster chapter 18 . 12/14/2012
Wow. I- man, you have just rendered me speechless. That was a beautiful story. I loved the turn you took on the tale of Peter Pan and Captain Hook; it was different enough to be totally enthralling and yet have enough close points to really make a person think. I have read plenty of stories, and plenty of books, and that ranked among the top. I would even go so far to say that you should get this published as a book; I would certainly buy it if you did, and many others would enjoy it as well. Thank you so much for sharing, that was incredible.
ZombieBugFace1402 chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
I have really enjoyed the story so far, i have liked the character development and the realism of this story. The story has made me smile and chuckle and i like the way the two main characters are slowly falling for each other. Also i find the story line interesting, at first i thought ''oh look a desert island and there will be pirates and blaaady blaaaaa'' but no i was pleasantly surprised at what i read and i hope the the story and the writing continue to be as good as they have been so far.

Thank you.
T. E. March chapter 18 . 11/1/2012
I really enjoyed this story. It was well-written, action-packed, and I read it as greedily as I would read a real story. The characters of Eva, Shelley, Lachlan, Ezra, John,
C. E. Whitehouse chapter 4 . 9/7/2012
I've only just started reading this story (school, as always, is boring) and so far I'm blown away. I love the depth in your writing as well as your style. It's so simplistic but refined at the same time. Eva's spunk makes me smile and James (I think that's his name) makes me swoon, mainly because he's so...I don't know the word. He has...morals, maybe? Anyways, great job so far and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your work. :)
boredstarburt chapter 17 . 8/30/2012
Enjoyed this story. ]
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 18 . 8/27/2012
I really enjoyed your story, it was very well done with all the mythos and the characters :) I'll go check out that sequel now

DFC
StreetsOfGold chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This story deserves so much more recognition! It was absolutely riveting. I was up until two o'clock in the morning to finish it. I really loved Eva and Shelley, they were so fleshed out and real. I loved how you portrayed the pirates as the good guys! I love me some rugged pirate men!mI hope you update the sequel!
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Hello, lovely. I'm Melissa from A Drop of Romeo and your story has been added to our archives under the Supernatural/Fantasy section. Congrats! Here's your review:

Melissa Thinks: Ever since I saw Pirates of the Caribbean as a kid, I've had a strange love for pirates. The amount of excitement in the air the moment I started reading this was almost unfathomable. Evalyn Ross is shipwrecked and to make matters worse, her foot has been caught in some kind of trap. When someone comes to collect their catch, they find Evelyn instead. And by someone, I actually mean a whole crew of pirates. They take her to their ship where she's to room with their captain (wink wink). This is when she learns that there's something different about this island; no one ages, no one leaves.

I love me some pirates and the pirates in this story were not disappointing. Although there is a bit of a twist in that the pirates are actually good and the villagers are the bad ones. I thought it was very well written! Everyone sounds like they belongs in their time period with not only the dialogue, but the greatly worded prose as well. Eve, as a character, is very well rounded and fleshed out as is the captain (the main love interest) and the General. However, some of the minor characters, such as some of the pirates, can get a little confusing with telling the difference between them and their thickly accented dialogue, but other than that it was perfect.

Usually, historical aspects in stories are not my thing, but M. Forthe made me want to get interested. The writing and characterization made me so enamored with this story. There were some errors and the fact that her foot didn’t fall off was kinda unbelievable, but besides that it was a wonderful story. I recommend this to anyone who loves pirates as much as I do.
Aradia Cloud chapter 11 . 3/27/2012
God help me, but this had better be the last emo chapter. Because my delicate sensibilities would n't be able to take much more.
CrazyCowgirl101 chapter 18 . 2/20/2012
Amazingly well told! Gripping and intense! A true epic ;) u love the "mythic" that comes with this-the natives, the mermaids, the cease of time. It makes for a wonderful read! I will definitely check out the sequel! Again, wonderful job!
126 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »