Reviews for The Bonny Ship
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 18 . 8/27/2012
I really enjoyed your story, it was very well done with all the mythos and the characters :) I'll go check out that sequel now

DFC
StreetsOfGold chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This story deserves so much more recognition! It was absolutely riveting. I was up until two o'clock in the morning to finish it. I really loved Eva and Shelley, they were so fleshed out and real. I loved how you portrayed the pirates as the good guys! I love me some rugged pirate men!mI hope you update the sequel!
fellintothemoon chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Hello, lovely. I'm Melissa from A Drop of Romeo and your story has been added to our archives under the Supernatural/Fantasy section. Congrats! Here's your review:

Melissa Thinks: Ever since I saw Pirates of the Caribbean as a kid, I've had a strange love for pirates. The amount of excitement in the air the moment I started reading this was almost unfathomable. Evalyn Ross is shipwrecked and to make matters worse, her foot has been caught in some kind of trap. When someone comes to collect their catch, they find Evelyn instead. And by someone, I actually mean a whole crew of pirates. They take her to their ship where she's to room with their captain (wink wink). This is when she learns that there's something different about this island; no one ages, no one leaves.

I love me some pirates and the pirates in this story were not disappointing. Although there is a bit of a twist in that the pirates are actually good and the villagers are the bad ones. I thought it was very well written! Everyone sounds like they belongs in their time period with not only the dialogue, but the greatly worded prose as well. Eve, as a character, is very well rounded and fleshed out as is the captain (the main love interest) and the General. However, some of the minor characters, such as some of the pirates, can get a little confusing with telling the difference between them and their thickly accented dialogue, but other than that it was perfect.

Usually, historical aspects in stories are not my thing, but M. Forthe made me want to get interested. The writing and characterization made me so enamored with this story. There were some errors and the fact that her foot didn’t fall off was kinda unbelievable, but besides that it was a wonderful story. I recommend this to anyone who loves pirates as much as I do.
Aradia Cloud chapter 11 . 3/27/2012
God help me, but this had better be the last emo chapter. Because my delicate sensibilities would n't be able to take much more.
CrazyCowgirl101 chapter 18 . 2/20/2012
Amazingly well told! Gripping and intense! A true epic ;) u love the "mythic" that comes with this-the natives, the mermaids, the cease of time. It makes for a wonderful read! I will definitely check out the sequel! Again, wonderful job!
MissNightOwl chapter 17 . 12/17/2011
I have a confession to make...THIS STORY WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I LOVED IT SO MUCH! And it soon became my bedtime story for before I went to bed. Late nights are a regular nowadays. Anyway, I hope you continue on your sequel so when I'm done with the last chap, I will not be left alone crying...
MissNightOwl chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
Ooh la la...that's all I have to say. HAVE TO READ MORE!
MissNightOwl chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
I absolutely love your stories. I love how its told in a sort of old-fashioned way. I don't really know how to say it. How its so artfully written and how it dates back. Anyway, WRITE ON!
MistahFiction chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
oops. forgot to review much earlier, sorry... anyway..

the first thought that came to mind reading this is that it's severly underrated. where are your deserved hundreds of raving reviews? i'll give you one.

the characters we're great, and my romantic heart fluttered happily whenever the captain was being... the captain. i love the personalities of your characters, their depth, their pasts. wonderful. and the plot? better developed than most i read here on fictionpress as well, anddd i was practically gloing from excitement at having found one of the limited stories here where the fictionpress author actually bothered to use proper grammer. great. )

by the way, can i please ask you to update its sequel? i'm waiting (impatiently, sorry) but you have not updated in a while. (nothing bad came up i hope) forgiv me if i'm annoying you by pestering for an udate.

cheers.
gulistala chapter 12 . 6/28/2011
Men who did this were either married to the woman or begging to be slapped, eh? Wish Coulter's stupid, pompous, sadistic face would be decorated with at least a dozen red handprints. Would make him look more appropriate- makes me sick.
gulistala chapter 11 . 6/28/2011
It was not worth the sacrifice. He lost another batch of men for just the one life- sure it would've been risking it all if they were going to try and make their escape but in the end too many lives have been lost for just one person. I understand Eva's his loved one, but so're the crew, in another sense. They're his dependents.

Sighs. What's going to happen next? Is he going to make an escape out of the cell? If so, to where? The ship's gone. It's all very sad and disheartening.
Jenevievek chapter 18 . 6/2/2011
i read your story and loved it! it was just like reading a professional novel i picked up from the shelves, great descriptions and very lovable characters, great plot that kept me very amused and enthralled. thanks :)
CutieSOS chapter 18 . 4/23/2011
this was amazing.
Aradia Cloud chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Wow. I would have been blubbering all over the place.
No One Famous chapter 18 . 3/27/2011
I loved the story! It was great, I was so caught up in reading and finding out what happened next the (very, very rare) grammatical error wasn't noticed. Which is great, so few stories on this site have little to no grammatical errors. The Bonny Ship was woven together perfectly, the basis of Peter Pan and Peter and his book 'The Prince and the Pirate' similarities. The twists you put on Peter Pan made it so interesting that I couldn't wait to see what happened. My only criticism would be that I wanted to see how Shelley reacted to Eva's almost rape or if she even ended up telling him. Though that might be addressed in the sequel, with Peter, hopefully, seeing as he was so adorable and I want to know what happens to him!

You deserve any and every award or list you get put on for The Bonny Ship. Anyone who said that this was underrated was right. This should have a lot more reviews then just 72. I can't wait to read your other stories.
131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »