Reviews for The Bonny Ship
gulistanlik chapter 11 . 6/28/2011
It was not worth the sacrifice. He lost another batch of men for just the one life- sure it would've been risking it all if they were going to try and make their escape but in the end too many lives have been lost for just one person. I understand Eva's his loved one, but so're the crew, in another sense. They're his dependents.

Sighs. What's going to happen next? Is he going to make an escape out of the cell? If so, to where? The ship's gone. It's all very sad and disheartening.
Jenevievek chapter 18 . 6/2/2011
i read your story and loved it! it was just like reading a professional novel i picked up from the shelves, great descriptions and very lovable characters, great plot that kept me very amused and enthralled. thanks :)
CutieSOS chapter 18 . 4/23/2011
this was amazing.
Aradia Cloud chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Wow. I would have been blubbering all over the place.
No One Famous chapter 18 . 3/27/2011
I loved the story! It was great, I was so caught up in reading and finding out what happened next the (very, very rare) grammatical error wasn't noticed. Which is great, so few stories on this site have little to no grammatical errors. The Bonny Ship was woven together perfectly, the basis of Peter Pan and Peter and his book 'The Prince and the Pirate' similarities. The twists you put on Peter Pan made it so interesting that I couldn't wait to see what happened. My only criticism would be that I wanted to see how Shelley reacted to Eva's almost rape or if she even ended up telling him. Though that might be addressed in the sequel, with Peter, hopefully, seeing as he was so adorable and I want to know what happens to him!

You deserve any and every award or list you get put on for The Bonny Ship. Anyone who said that this was underrated was right. This should have a lot more reviews then just 72. I can't wait to read your other stories.
gulistanlik chapter 4 . 3/20/2011
But the captain hasn't done anything besides teasing! I don't understand why she's so worked up over him.
gulistanlik chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Is this set in a particular time period- ie. how modern is it? Curious, is all. D

Must read on!

And I wonder what she was doing on a ship in the first place.
MuffinsRoxSox chapter 18 . 3/6/2011
Oh my freaking goodness. THIS STORY WAS AMAZING! I'm sorry I didn't review before, but I was reading it for the SKoW Awards and I needed to finish reading this as quickly as possible. I hope you understand. :)

How you found the inspiration to write something so...awesome is beyond me. Anyway, I must get going now.

sappyromancelvr chapter 2 . 2/27/2011
heh. I like her.
Sarah chapter 17 . 2/26/2011
I love this! I think The Lost Isle has an cool story behind it with the mermaids and creatures. I also liked how Evalyn was never a damsel in distress throughout the entire story. Good job :)
MiidKniight chapter 2 . 11/1/2010
Just a suggestion, I think she should use swearing instead of cussing.

I have no idea what to make of the pirates. I'm not even sure they're actual pirates. I love complete stories. :) lol
MiidKniight chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
That was pretty intense. You described that beautifully. I had a sharp image of the scene. I even have a picture of Eva which is odd since you have not described her. I'm so excited for a good ship story!
AndItMovesUsAll chapter 18 . 9/29/2010
Ah loved this story so much! Havent found such a good action adventure story in ages! I absolutely love the whole idea of the island and the fact that time stops there, and all creatures and mermaids. I think the plot was amazing, you gripped me straight away with the ship going down, and then the straight onto the ship, it was brilliant. It had such a great pace, i really wasnt sure what was going to happen next. All of your characters were so strong, you couldnt help but fall in love with them, and you really got a sense of the history between them, if that makes sense? As in you'd really set it up well, it really was like the people had been stuck on that island for years, and i loved the interaction between them. I suspected that Coulton might have been betrayed by the captain before!

The romance aspect was beautiful, you steadily built the realtionship between them and you cant but fall head over heels with James. I like how it wasnt cliche as well, it was passionate but real, for instance, the fact that she openly admitted he could not be called handsome towards the end there.

The 'emo chapter' certainly lived up to its name, it made me feel the kind of sadness and anger that you feel deep in your chest, it was so well written, as was the whole story. You also managed to stick to the language and culture of the time very well, without making it hard to read, as it sometimes is with books set in historical times. And the songs featured but brilliant, did you make them up yourself? They sounded so real!

I absolutely cannot wait to read the sequel, im wondering if it will featuer Peter because with the way things were left it seemed that avenue was left open, he had such promise as a character so i'd love to see more of him.

:D
sunshine423 chapter 18 . 7/23/2010
Absolutely loved your story!
Chocorange888 chapter 17 . 6/21/2010
I don't know if I have said this before, but it's probably one of the best adventure stories here. Thank you for finishing it, I guess I will start on the sequal now...?
121 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »