Reviews for Letters
Charel Lebl chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
OK, This is pretty good so far...The writing is very realistic, and it definitely sounds like she's writing it. You could elaborate a bit about Aunt Cass, who she is exactly, what she's like, just subtly mixed in with the dialogue so it doesn't sound obvious. The sentence "My tried me out secretly a few weeks ago, she told me." I don't quite get this sentence-is there a word missing or am I just not thinking clearly? I would add how she got out of her dad accusing her of not going to violin, but that's just how I would do it. Very good so far!

CL
Anise Cary chapter 4 . 2/7/2010
I love the format of this story. What a great way to do this and it makes it so intensely personal from Emily's point of view. I'd love to know more about Aunt Cass, where is she? What's she like? Why is it her that Emily writes to? I really hope this continues to work out, that Dad doesn't decide he wants them back in spite of what he says and comes looking for them, that is unless he sobers up and stays that way. I'll be interested to see how Emily handles things are her new school
sealednectar chapter 4 . 2/4/2010
This is a really interesting story. I like how it's being told through emails, it's different. Also, good thing you kept some dialogue in. I don't like reading pieces of work if there's no dialogue whatsoever. I'd like to read some letters from Aunty Cass, Ethan and her mother. Maybe even their father, writing to people to ask whether they know where they've gone and asking for forgiveness (for example). Also, I'd like to know/see more about the abuse they went through.

Chapter 1 -'My tried me out'

Chapter 3 -'Hope you and Uncle Jack is well.' -are well

I thought Abish was a really unique and interesting name.

Keep writing!
Raingypsy chapter 4 . 1/27/2010
Great chapter! I was sure I had reviewed it, but apparently not!

Anyway, I really like how this story is turning out. It's interesting, and really well written.

Is Deliah a baddie? Or am I reading too much into it?

Good Work :)
Raingypsy chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
Hey! Sorry I haven't reviewed in a while. But I really do love this.

I love how Emily speaks! She sounds really cool.

I also love the language you use to describe the situation. Keep up the good work :)
Grylofmanycolorz chapter 3 . 12/17/2009
OMG! Loving it1 Keep writing more it’s really good (_)..
Raingypsy chapter 2 . 8/24/2009
Hey. I really liked this. It's quite intriguing and I want to read more. Keep writing :D
BeautifulSacrifice chapter 2 . 7/12/2009
What to say...I, as the critic, think that in order for this to be a sucessful story, you need to make it just a little bit more interesting. I know, this is only chapter two, so maybe I'm being a little harsh, but people lose interest so easily, and if you don't stick them with an intense start right off the bat, they won't want to read it. But I think you'll make it more interesting...)
BeautifulSacrifice chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
You have a good plot, and the story is interesting so far. )
Unique1952 chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
This is sad but the concept is interesting.

Nice work with this so far!
160 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11