Reviews for Meranduleir
Noir Schist chapter 7 . 8/19/2009
That's too bad. When I found the review alert in my inbox, I was so excited.._
Lady R chapter 7 . 8/17/2009
Have a nice vacation! And maybe what this story needs is for Edward to have a fresh new look. It may help complement Lorelei more. She's becoming my favorite character.
TinuvielDork chapter 7 . 8/17/2009
Aw, I'll be sad to not be seeing more of this story for a while, but if you think it's best, I'll deal. :) And I'm glad you're thinking of changing Edward. He is perhaps a little - bland, for all the excitement he seems to crave but then can't handle. I love how Lorelei is so vivid, though! I'd noticed on your blog you mentioned having difficulty finding pictures that might resemble her. Have you seen pictures of Isla Fisher? She resembles how I imagine Lorelei pretty well. Granted, she might be nothing of what you're thinking, but I figured I'd throw her name your way!

Tin
goldenspork chapter 7 . 8/17/2009
I hope you do finish it, because I want to know what happens! I mean, you've already created a big mystery. I miss Alice, too. :/

:) Have fun on your vacation, though. Where are you going?
toffeecakesxox chapter 6 . 8/13/2009
Lorelei is so... mysterious!

i love her!

:D

poor Edward, so pressurized.

but i hope you feel better!
Lady R chapter 6 . 8/12/2009
There is so much mystery going on in this chapter. I don't see how Edward will get any sleep. Can't wait for the next update.
Noir Schist chapter 6 . 8/12/2009
So very sorry for the late review! I'm being kept really busy. I didn't review the earlier chapters either...sorry for that, too. You can be sure, though, that I read them as soon as I got my hands on my computer. Although I feel like grumbling about the shortness of the chapter, it's still good. There IS a sense of repetitiveness, though-always no answers and more questions are presented (Edward isn't the only one who wants answers!). It's admirable how dedicated you're to your work (The blog with information and pictures and ideas-I loved them). I like how Lorelei's turning out..all the mystery, questions, prophecy, etc. Further insight into her character would decide whether I really like her or not, though. :)

Looking forward to the next chapter as always! Hope you've recovered from your illness.
goldenspork chapter 6 . 8/11/2009
I like Lorelei. She's pretty awesome, actually. :) I think it would be awkward to have people be able to hear your thoughts, though. I wouldn't mind being able to read people's thoughts, but not sure I'd want to be Edward in that respect. :/

Looking forward to the next chapter, though!
NarniaRiddle chapter 5 . 8/9/2009
Ha! Oh, poor Edward. How ironic. )
NarniaRiddle chapter 2 . 8/9/2009
Again, I really like the symbolism. This first chapter really gives the reader a look into the culture and lifestyle of Meranduleir. I also like Edward so far. Good job. :)
NarniaRiddle chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Oh...you have a very nice way of creating suspense, and I like the characters so far. I like the symbolism in this, too. So far, I LOVE IT.
Justin Carlton chapter 2 . 8/3/2009
Not a bad start, but I got sick of seeing the word "bodies" repeated over and over, not to mention repetition of the theme of the fair. Also, the paragraph-long histories of your races can be cut in shorter segments or eliminated altogether and given later in the text. The descriptions are nice, but bog down the pace of the narrative. Also, Edward feels like all your other male protagonists, to be completely honest.

Nice cliffhanger at the end, though, and you have the makings of a good universe. I guess what my complaint boils down to is that even though you have a fresh idea in theory, the way it plays out feels like every other dragged-out fantasy epic on FP. If you rework some of it, it'll definitely be a keeper.
toffeecakesxox chapter 5 . 7/30/2009
i've been extremely lazy with loggin in but i enjoyed this chapter: information but not too much, and what a lovely cliffhanger (:
Lady R chapter 5 . 7/30/2009
You are getting very good with these cliffhangers! IMO, I like the length of this chapter, especially since you are updating regularly. Glad to hear that you are feeling better! :)
goldenspork chapter 5 . 7/30/2009
LOL. ;D

Very nice. You're quite cruel, leaving it there. I suppose this wouldn't be a romance if that didn't have to happen. Wait, is this a romance? *checks the top of the page* Oh, it's a fantasy fic. Well. Nevermind then.

Still, nice. :)