Reviews for Time of Kings
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
To be very frank the enmity between the Sorrels and Ronellas really reminds me of the current wrangling farce for the peace in Middle East for some weird reasons. Must be the whole doves versus hawks dumb shit. If only Rabin never got assasinated by some random nationalist dipshit who didn't have any semblance of intelligence. :(

With that being said though, after seeing your information titbit on the Sorrels, I think they might be my favourite faction for now due to the simple reason of their crest. Yes, I'm a total nut for wolves for your information. ;) In a very real sense though, the combination of their beliefs and crest is pretty much similiar to Ulric from the Warhammer fantasy pantheon.

Anyway, I truly like the way you did the tensions here. It's very realistic and truly brings across the hatred between the two factions. On a side note, I truly prefer the Ronella ideal here. But to be very frank I don't think that will be practical under this current situation.

for Jayden, I think he might end up as my favourite character here provided you don't do a lame imitation of a G.R.R Martins job. His possible future relationship with Quista could be a major part of the political games that may follow though. To be very frank I don't know how Cain will feel about it. On an emotional front, he could just explode. On the other hand though, he could be using his daughter to bump off the Sorrels' influence on the political scale for all I know. But I'll be shipping for a Jayden x Quista romance anytime. I just feel that this can be my favourite romance pairing. ;)

And the next chapter will be uber interesting for sure since we're going to see Darrya here. Just be sure not to disappoint me in your portrayal of her character. At least for goodness sake try to input a decent effort in humanizing her. I always like that in my stories and characters. Well at least the vital ones that is. ;)
ephemeral dance chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
Good job! I think it picked up just enough, with the war-talk, the politics of the houses, and the Romeo&Julietesque aspect of Jayden and Quista. I certainly cannot wait to meet Darrya in the next chapter! Update soon!
ephemeral dance chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Oh, don't worry about the "slow" bits. They are needed and you pulled off the exposition so well that it didn't seem slow to me at all. I love stories thick with characters, even identifiable background characters, and you introduced character after character, giving each a unique trait or two. I really enjoyed that.

This was a good, strong beginning. I'm a sucker for epic fantasies myself. (I've always wanted to write one but I don't have the creativity, it seems.) I enjoy this quite a bit so far. Good job!

- Sarah, from the Roadhouse
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I think I can really see the inspirations from A Song of Ice and Fire here albeit minus the dark nature of the world. At least I hope you won't go around killing off vital characters at random. G.R.R Martins did that in the series, but he's already a pro amongst the pros, so I've got no problem with that. The last thing I ever want from you in this story is a repeat of the epic fail done by the idiots in Wizards of the Coast concerning the 4th ed Forgotten Realms settings. I honestly miss the good old days of the TSR rule. :( Hopefully these morons don't fuck Drizzt Do'Urden up. I'm going to smash a bomb laden plane into their HQ if they dare to do that although it's a no brainer that R.A Salvatore owns the intellectual rights, not them. :S

Okay, enough about of off-topic rantings. Frankly speaking, I'm smelling a real game of politics brewing here and I'm looking forward to see what you can do from here. More often than not, writing politics required a certain skill and understanding in the political history and that kind of thing has never really been common in fantasy.

As for the main characters in this work, I think you'll be going along the line of your inspiration source as well in the sense that you won't have a central focus upon an individual. As for the ending of the chapter, it seems that thing are going to get interesting. ;) Also I wonder who caused the damage of the Flow here. It will be a major lawl if it's caused by an accident. :D I also truly wonder about the possible link between the events here plus did you get the surname Pendragon straight from the Arthurian tales?
Joshua Rose chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
I like it and do not worry about the boring parts as they are needed to get the story going. If you didn't have them the story would actually get boring after time.
Reigh chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
Hm...I'm quite interested to find out what this Darrya person is up to with that Phoenix.

I hope that Ethan returns soon so that the royal family can be that much more at peace. He'll probably know what to do about Darrya, from the way you've described him so far.

The grammar in this chapter was spot on! Good work!

~Reigh~

From the Roadhouse with Love!

You have been repaid!
Reigh chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Phew! That's a long first chapter! Anyways, I like it alot. You've got good flow and great detailing. I think that Rhys's speech for his father was very well done, and very true to funeral speeches, if that makes any sense at all.

He glared at his own reflection in the glass, viewing a splitting image of his mother.- I think you meant to write "spitting image"

His cold grey eyes met those reflected in the glass.- you're just missing the comma after "cold". There are a few more mistakes along these lines, just watch out.

There are a few grammatical errors here and there, but over all this is a great start to a story. Good Job!

~Reigh~

From the Roadhouse with Love!

You have been repaid!
Michelle chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
:O Very good!..even if it was rather sad. I think this could be your best story yet :D Liked the ending with the pheonix! Darrya...great name! Well done, can't wait to read more xx
XLifeIsAnIllusionXx chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Wow! This defentaly* caught my interst too!

I love the character names! :)

Great job.

_
Joshua Rose chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
I liked it, even though to me it started out a bit slow, and you kind of threw out obvious foreshadowing clues
L.A. Clearwater chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Pretty interesting...hm...let's see what happens in the next chapter

Pay it forward,will yah?

Xoxo,Louise Anne(From the Roadhouse)
521 | « Prev Page 1 .. 25 32 33 34 35