Reviews for Head Down
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
I really love this poem because it's so gritty. I feel as though I'm reading somebody's mind.
Rooftops chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Love it. Sums up society perfectly in my eyes, the lunatic politicians, and the simplistic answers offered to us, as though when the world crumbles, a few lifestyle changes make it all better. And how other humans are no longer a source of comfort and refuge, but a threat in many forms
kazoua chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
I have no idea what this is about, but I'm suspecting that it's intelligent and witty and out of my league.
Mewenn chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
That sounds like poetry (contoporary poetry, the kind that doesn't need to ryme, I had a teacher who wrote an entire book of those and got published). But it's so true sadly… I like it though it's kinda cool.
TopKat chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
YES, sanctimonious, but sometimes that's necessary! obviously you thought it worthy to post, and i agree.

i think you're totally right. I felt the emotions displayed here most fiercely once when i took a detour home through an alleyway - i saw a middle-aged man run in behind me, and immediately broke into a run, thinking 'rape, murder, bleeding in an alleyway' - i turned around and saw him flash me a hurt look and go "i'm not following you, hon." as he stepped into the back door of a bar, where i assume he worked...

I felt... just shallow and mean and wrong. What kind of message would that send to him? 'you look like a rapist' - it's such a shame how we suspect everyone. I can't even trust anyone my own age, let alone middle-aged men, but it hurts me that i react like that so quickly.

I don't know, it just really hit me, and what you've written looks like it's reached into my head and pulled out my feelings on the matter, hah. We've become a sad race.
frogs of war chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Just the thought of all those people... I hate to be in crowded places, even if it's just the mall. Overcrowded buses (move than one person to every four seats) are even worse.