Reviews for Take These Chains
chloe chapter 2 . 2/16
I love it so far.
It looks like my own story. Once I could not pay for the club. So I ask the bouncer, he let me in (for free). Things end up badly (for me) in a private room.
I hope, this is not based on your true story.
sorry for the mistake, I am french
blackstones chapter 17 . 6/27/2013
I'm surprised to see that this story doesn't have as many reviews as it deserves. You write very eloquently and furthermore you know how to tell a story. I literally read this in hours. I think it could have done eithout the supernatural element though, since it seemed like it was kind of randomly thrown in there to justify for Nikas' atrocious behaviour? (My opinion anyway). I hope you continue this soon! I'm looking forward to seeing Nikas getting bashed to death by gangsters in prison or something, lol
CrimsonSilence chapter 16 . 2/11/2012
So, at first I wasn't going to keep reading. A few chapters in and the douchbag and what he was doing to Mina was getting to me but I decided to continue to see what happened to her and I'm glad I did. You've got a good story going here and it's well written and interesting. The demon killing dagger thing threw me for a sec but I'm hoping you'll pull it off and I think you can. Robin is such a doll I love him already. Him and Mina as a couple would be cute.

Anyways, good job!

Crimson
Aurette chapter 16 . 10/3/2011
Wow, this story's pretty intense. I really like it though, Robin is awesome. I wish it had more reviews, it's really good! And I'm surprised Ironfist was so aggressive, even if Robin assaulted (rightfully so) Nikas. They made it such a big deal to hide their wrongdoings. But I guess they never had one of them physically assaulted before (and rescued the girl) and that could have driven them. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more!
XxShokixX chapter 15 . 8/17/2011
So, I stumbled upon your story A Million Miles Away today and read it, and then its sequel, and then I decided to read this story :)

I don't really understand why its one of your least reviewed stories cause I have to say, I love it! :D I'm not big into romance stories and generally only read them on the web, but yours has a bit of the supernatural in it, and that makes it twenty times more interesting for me :D

I love the characters, especially Robin, he seems so cute and childish _ And I really hope Mina comes back into the forefront, though along with Robin, I want plenty of him! :P

Keep up the good work! Update soon? _
AGS260 chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
I just wandered across this and I'm really enjoying it!
NC Greer chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
well written. I have a two questions. What year is this set? it seems to be mid to late 80's but that is never made clear. Second, Don't most of these busses have a restroom? I know it's a small detail but still it the sort of thing that can stick out. Some really good dialog and narative voice.
cyn chains chapter 6 . 7/30/2009
God, that escape was pretty intense. Scary shit! Another band bus? Okay, I know my reviews ain't great but you know I love it. :D
cyn chains chapter 5 . 7/27/2009
Wow, I truly was floored when he told her it was smack! I was not expecting that.

He's frightening as hell and she's just a lamb in a lion's den. Some girls just don't use their heads, I swear.
cyn chains chapter 4 . 7/20/2009
Great chapter. LMAO at the rules! So true!

The only thing I have to comment on is the point of view switch at the end with Jim and the roadie. It was kind of out of place because it shifted from Mina's to theirs after they left without any indication that there would be a POV switch. When you swap out POVs, put a break or something between the last and the new.

I'm enjoying this immensely!
cyn chains chapter 3 . 7/18/2009
I've really enjoyed these first three chapters. It brings back a lot of memories of those days and the electric thrill of longing to meet the band and bandmates of your choice.

Naturally, I'm going over every band I can think of that can compare to Maiden and Priest and trying to figure out who it may be based on.

You definitely know the ins and outs of touring which makes for a realistic, interesting read. I look forward to reading more soon!