Reviews for Do Video Games Cause People To Be Violent?
Keros chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Well said, and I totally agree with you. The ending was great. When I was doing a games development course last year, I wrote something similar to what you have here. Keep up the good work.
yWrite chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
JaffaFoose

Very good point. I have a strong hatred towards corporal punishment, and it especially irritates me that so many people do it with no problem, then turn around and restrict what their kids watch and play because they don't want them exposed to fictional violence. That's why I included that comparison in my essay.
JaffaFoose chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I thoroughly agree with what your point is, but some of the things you say are kinda left-field and irrelevant. For example, the paragraph where you talk about corporal punishment. Yes, it’s true that corporal punishment probably encourages violence more than video games do. But the fact that corporal punishment is worse than video games doesn’t actually do anything toward proving that video games aren’t bad at all. I mean, I agree with you that video games aren’t bad at all, but the corporal punishment thing just doesn’t really help demonstrate that.

But, overall, it was very well written, and very accurate.
Thingbe chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
You make a very good point. I myself did a debate on this topic, and somewhere in my research I found the opinion that video games are like an outlet for the behaviours that are frowned upon in 'regular' society - such as anger and violence. What actions a child is told are wrong, they will act out through the video games, and any suppressed urges toward this behaviour will be quelled. I don't know how accurate the information is, but given your argument with crime rates decreasing it does seem relevant.

In all, well-written. Very good use of the opposing argument to support your own.