Reviews for The Healing Properties of Tea
Abrasive chapter 5 . 3/12/2010
Loved the 'Apocalypse Now' reference in this chapter. It had me in stitches.
Mickey Lovely chapter 9 . 3/9/2010
I've been a big fan of this,but have always seemed too lazy to review. (Sad, I know) . The whole time reading this was wonderful, excellent grammar, spelling, etc.

Also, i was wandering Facebook fan thing i think a lot of your readers would like to become a fan of :)

/search/?initsrp&sfxp&o65&qsociety#!/TeaAppreciationSociety?vinfo&refsearch
asianinvasion0530 chapter 9 . 3/6/2010
Aww I absolutely loved this! Especially your writing style and tone - it's just so unique. Like the comparisons you made to random things - brilliant! They made me smile. ] And so did Carson's adorableness.

But anyways, the point of me rambling was to tell you that this was wonderfully written and though I'm not really a fan of tea without sugar, I have definitely learned to appreciate the healing properties of tea. D
Your Execution chapter 9 . 3/5/2010
Let me say this before I forget. About 20 seconds ago when I finished reading the story, I let out the biggest AW~ ever made by me. It scared my for a moment, then I gushed an ''OHMAGAWD SO CUTE -'' and laughed. Then started to write a review :)

I love this, wayy too Cute xD it is awesome.

I kept expecting her to be like me, to eventually lash out at Carson, laughing and hitting him over the head with an empty stirophaom -tea- cup. My mind works in strange ways. But I love this story :D

And I don't know how to spell styrofoam. or stirophaom. or stirowfome. hum...
Icyfire4w5 chapter 9 . 2/28/2010
1) Hmm, I think that Coke can cool people down, while tea can warm people's hearts.

2) Oh, the TFAS is a bogus society, but I'm happy that in the end, it has become a real society, and it'll be recruiting more members.

3) Overall, this story is lively and light-hearted, and I love its underlying theme-a small deed can make a big difference in someone's life. The TFAS can't possibly create universal peace or feed all the malnourished people in this world, but it can cheer anyone up with tea.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 8 . 2/28/2010
Wow, Naomi's heart is fluttering... She's really in love with Carson, and I hope that their romance will last longer than a mere fling.

Well, Carson's clues are weird indeed, but I bet that he must have been very intelligent, otherwise he can't even think of a single clue.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 5 . 2/28/2010
1) Hmm, Beatnik Boy has such an interesting style, and I guess that his personality is just as interesting.

2) I think that the best poems are those that remind people of different stuff. (E.g. Some people will think that the poet is writing about love, while others will think that he's writing about politics.)

3) Haha, I think that "all you need is tea" is such a cute, memorable slogan. It should have been the TFAS's motto.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 3 . 2/28/2010
On one hand, I think that Naomi is a lucky girl since she receives so much attention, but on the other hand, I believe that too much attention will only frighten her away from the TFAS, and I hope that the TFAS won't be revealed as some sort of bogus society.
barelyamiable chapter 9 . 2/20/2010
Oh, oh ... this was absolutely beautiful. The characters were so well developed. The plot was beyond intruiging. And I love how original it is!

What this really makes me want to have is a nice cup of hot tea. But it's 12:15 and I won't be able to sleep with caffeine in my veins.

I love this. :) All the literary allusions threaded into this, oh, so wonderfully, make me so happy.
teawithdragons chapter 9 . 2/19/2010
What a unique and charming story! I really enjoyed every minute of it, and I loved that you were writing about something which you are(for lack of a better word) obsessed with. It adds a nice twist to the usual romance plotline.

I'm definitely more of a coffee person, but reading this story just gave me the urge to get up and make a cup of tea (which did indeed bring a smile to my face).
carolinelane chapter 9 . 2/17/2010
This is so cute! Definitely brightened my day a bit.
A Tentative Possibility chapter 9 . 2/15/2010
Oh, this was adorable. I loved it :)
bandgeek1688 chapter 9 . 1/27/2010
I thought of this story today for a very specific reason and went to go give you a review to tell you, and then I realized that I didn't review any of your chapters! :O I read all the chapters when they came out but I was so swamped with work I didn't review any of them, and I'm sorry!

I've been following it since the beginning, and I love how you throw different scenarios in there...the party scene was great. Unfortunately college parties seem to be like that all the time..but you managed to turn a potentially awkward scene into something cute. (by that I mean if I saw my object of interest completely drunk like that and the following events occurred I would probably avoid him.) I also loved how you had Naomi want to get back at Carson with the Tin Man..that was hilarious! Though it's a shame he didn't completely fall for it. I liked the ending, though it would have been nice to see them kiss again without Carson being drunk, but that's just me being picky. I really enjoyed reading this story!

And now to tell you what reminded me of this story yesterday: I'm studying abroad in the UK this semester :) and I had tea with milk for the first time yesterday in my Scottish Lit. tutorial. I immediately thought of Carson saying, "Tea is not meant to be a sweet drink!" or something of that nature. I've always had my tea with just sugar, but I think from now on I'll be drinking my tea with milk! :D
renegade01 chapter 9 . 1/24/2010
Aww cute story. I like tea too but nowhere near as much as these guys. It a good job they don't put sugar in their tea otherwise I shudder to think about their teeth what with the amount of times they have it.

Carson was a cool character. Nicely done. ;)
obijuankenobi chapter 9 . 1/23/2010
I'm so glad I read this story. Really, I wish I could read it over and over again. Have you seen Becoming Jane? I just thought I'd ask because Carson reminds me of James McAvoy. That's all. So, yeah. I'm pretty sure I fell in love with The Healing Properties of Tea, and I wish it would be a never-ending story. Alright, I'll stop now.
158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »