Reviews for Why a story has an audience
dessie1021 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I feel the same way...about the whole cheap stuff being so popular! I asked for reviews on Yahoo! Answers with the link of my story and one of them said that I should try to have my writing changed because it was too "poetic". He said that I should make it so the "normal" people could understand it. Normal? Or lazy? Idk...
Shikaido Yuki chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
i'm intrigued at what you will write for the next chapters. hopefully they will be as interesting/more than why no one reads your story.

and i know this sounds a tad bit fangirl-ish, but: PLEASE UPDATE!

heh.
Eli the Strange chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
This is so true, but I have to agree with the person who made the "kid in the candy store" comment. Not may people read my stuff- in general, it's only people I know IRL- but the fact that the people who read it are people who get it makes my day. And when other people, the ones I don't know who just scoped out my page and left comments, tell me they understand as well, it makes me feel accomplished as a writer. I don't need a big audience to be happy, but I know some people who do, and everything you've written here is absolutely true for them.

It's a pity that quality must suffer for quantity, though.
k.maag chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I agree with you, but I've found that most authors of "expensive" works, so to speak, don't do it for the readers. If those authors have one reader who fully understands what they write about and why it's important, they're happier than a kid in a candy store.
I see London I see Sam's Town chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Oh, gosh. This reminded me of the Twilight series. Dx I read the first two books of that series and it was so gaudy with cheap writing and awful characterization that it made me sick. Meyers just suffs her books with wordfat, and I have to wonder why so many would be interested in it when there are so many other books and stories written with genuine talent and creativity!

"A story might suck but if 90% of the world is interested in these sucky things, it’s popular."

I guess it's true.

I AM NOT STILL RANTING ABOUT TWILIGHT YOU DID NOT READ OR SEE THAT AVERT YOUR EYES NOW.

Happy writing, Concerto. :)
LittleLoser.AndRoloLamperouge chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
true! short chaps are more interesting than longer ones...

-LittleLoser-