Reviews for The Quiet Desperation
seredemia chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
This is most likely my last review now P. I have to go to a party (. I will make sure to review you on friday or saturday!

AHAHA! I loved this! I agree on how the sales can be generosity or desperation. Me thinks its desperation. Most sale items aren't that good...

I love how you can turn something as simple as a sale into this beautiful piece of writing... You've got a really good imagination and poetry skills, you know that?
TymCon chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Wow this is good. it really caught the mood of the salesman. good poem
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Ah, very poignant and observant. The fruit vendor, a person overlooked by the faces of society...ah you've put me into a contemplative mood now, fellow TACASAC member!

Sakina x
BlaznFangurl chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
This is really good. It seems like you are reflecting upon all the lone or independent merchants that try to keep up with today.s business. It is quite sad when you see a person just trying to get by in life but people ignore then as if they are trash...Of course I could be completely off the mark so,anyways great poem.
Guacamole chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Wow...that actually struck a chord in me. This poem though is also of course based on something in real life that you witnessed, making it an even better poem than it is. Good job on this!
xtwoleftfeetx chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I think I understand this. I like it, it works out with most people, pridedesperation. But I guess I don't connect with it. Still, its good.
Frayling0 chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Wow this is pleasantly great! The depth with which you describe the scene... you really read between the lines. Nice work :) Luke
Said Author chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Hmm, I liked this even if I'm unsure of what was beneath the surface of desperation. Was someone hungry and wanted something from a grocery stall and no one was helping him? I can feel the desperation though, see the longing on this person's face, the stress on waiting, being left behind while the world goes on talking and buying food.

Nice job on depicting this scene. :)
The Tragedian chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
You failed the challenge, LOL. This reminded me of Erik with the line, "Do you feel that it has left you behind?'

This poem is happy and sad at the same time. Love it!