Reviews for Collection of Poems
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 2 . 6/22/2011
You have a wonderful gift of portraying the vibrant life of nature. The description of the animals and the leaves, as well as the warmth, takes me away and makes me feel as if I am standing in a wide open green field.

I like the rhyming in this as well. It seems all too often that poets nowadays don't bother themselves with rhyming - I miss seeing it so often. I've always felt it gives a poem the tempo of a song.

Very beautiful. :)
Dr. Self Destruct chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Very short and sweet. I like how you give the wind and the trees attributes of living things - it makes the poem jump out and feel all the more real. A very beautiful interpretation of something we feel every day, yet also take for granted.
deefective chapter 3 . 7/18/2009
Hmm, I do like the beginning of this piece. Had that wistful poetic tone to it. I love how the rhyme scheme ended with "...bright colors hidden". It didn't feel sudden or forced. It just flowed. But starting from "All the leaves..." I felt that the last stanza was out of place. It didn't feel connected to the rest of the piece. Other than that, nicely done.

deefective chapter 2 . 7/18/2009
I really liked the rhyme scheme in this. It felt natural and not forced. Also, I liked how you characterized the wind. You chose words that fit your idea like a glove and the last sentence sent it all home. Nicely done.

deefective chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Hmm, I'm on the fence with this piece. On one hand I do like the imagery you have here. It was very clear and vivid. But on the other hand there were a few parts that seemed awkward. For example:

"...Shall blossom as she chose."

The word "chose" seemed out of place. It makes me think you just put it there to rhyme with "rose".

Also,

"but she is not fill with sorrow or regret,"

This may just be me nitpicking but "fill" didn't sound right. I think it should've been "filled". Other than that, nicely done.