Reviews for Darkness Fades Away
xClutteredxChaosx chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Aww, this was so sad. I have to tell you this, simply because this REALLY reminded me of the song 'Too Late For Gods' by AFI, I think it was just the line 'Flee but can't keep, a thing that is golden' which reminded me of the line in the summary, and they are both talking about suicide. In my opinion, it's a very good comparison!

Anyway, very good poem! Well done :)
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
hey! i really enjoyed this poem. there's a sense of power that i really liked.

fatbird:)
lookingwest chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Normally I've become bitter towards the traditional rhyming poem, but since you hearken back to the infamous "Nothing Gold Can Stay" I cut slack as soon as I started reading this and found that you've changed my perception for this one :)

I like the way that you did reference to the traditional poem because I think this was a creative play on it and I like it when poets can acknowledge influence and really give a tradition a twist! I also like that your rhyming didn't seem forced, as is the problem to me, with most rhyming poems. It flows really well and it also ties together nicely with "...night gives way to day/And darkness fades away." Also, kudos for using correct sentence structure with the poem too, too little poets ignore it, but I think adding punctuation can really shape poetry!

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
koolkat104 chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
That was excellent! I really loved the last two lines. Very nice.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Thanks for participating in the Review Marathon!

The thief line sounded kinda odd. I dunno the tone was sort of odd and the comparison seemed out of place a bit. Kinda like it was there just for the rhyme.

I liked the rest. The rhymes worked well, not forced. I also like the upbeatness. It's a really happy cute piece. Well done.