Reviews for Stare
lookingwest chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Ah-mazing. Please tell me you've poetry slammed before because I like this one because basically-it would win the poetry slam, and it's ten times better than the guy who's won the past two months in my town. Please, come slam at my Uni, XD.

Anyway, more specifics for this particular poem: Loved the way you kind of manipulated fictionpress's shitty poetry format restrictions to actually make a great spaced out poem. You used space really well. I felt far away and then when things got ugly we were close and then drifted apart again, which is very interesting because as soon as the verses start to drift it opens with "I might miss you" and kind of floats off. I also like how in this, the speaker does seem to be wrestling with some sort of past more intimate relationship, and I don't see that very often in your work...or at least it isn't the thing that becomes the focus.

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
Howle chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I'm seriously in love with your work. I think it's your observation of human life. It's right up my alley anyway. I think I've run out of praise for your work, but the previous review was right. Definitely worth reading and reading again.
Edgar Wellington chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Ahh. This is worth reading and re-reading. I get all juiced with such consise and stark imagery. Great stuff.