Reviews for torrents and sheets
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
it's like the sky above is full of rage towards us

& is finally letting it all go.

cool.
lymli chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
I like the shape and the imagery about the rain is wonderful.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I like the figure poem, I think you made the raindrop shape wonderfully and I think it adds a nice element to the piece. That said in creating the raindrop I think you have extra the's and such which made it a tad wordy.

Still it's a great piece. I really like the personification of the rain at the end that was a nice touch. Well done!

PS Good job in the RM!
GirlxAnachronism chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
This poem really fits the weather outside right now haha. Very well done figure poem. The water drop shape works well. I also love a figure poem with good flow. Often times people get so caught up in the shape that the actually poem begins to fail. Well done!

"pounding

for some release in

torrents of its

anger."

Very nice imagery and feeling. Keep writing!
Vancelle chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
I really love the format, mostly because I'm much too impatient to do something like that x)

One of the great things about this poem, though, is that if you didn't format it that way, it would still be lovely.

It's very simple and concrete; your word choice is excellent. Especially in the lines, 'for some release in torrents of its

anger.' - Torrents is perfect there. It gives a really powerful image.

If there was one thing I could critique, it would be that some of the words are a bit predictable. Using the word 'waterfall', for example. That's a really lame thing to critique, I know x)
Isca chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Peach,

I love that you chose to do a figure poem! That's very creative of you. The raindrop (which also reminds me of a bead) is very elemental and ephemeral. Water represents emotions, wisdom, and femininity, so for the figure of this poem to match the 'angry' tone is another welcome surprise. I particularly liked the line, "I like to watch the rain beat," as it heightens the already powerful imagery to a new level.

As always, your work amazes me,

-Isca
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
very nice formatting! really adds to the poem. i love the words you chose!
drops of rain chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
i love everything about this.

from the figure, to the wording,

to the inspiration- it's all

wonderful. :D

i loved reading this; thank you

for sharing!
Winter-Phoenix17 chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Well I think this goes without saying, the whole shape of a raindrop is very unique. I absolutely love that matter.

I also like the way you made the very first I lowercase. I was just thinking to myself that it should be otherwise. However if you think about it, it wouldn't look right should it be uppercase.

And your imagery is awesome. I could really hear "the rain beat against the roofs" and "like a great waterfall"

The only thing I think I noticed was when you had "roofs" now correct me if I am wrong, however I thik that may sound and look better as roof. I don't belive roofs is an actual word.

Other than that great job!