Reviews for Black Sheep
RadicalRadicals777 chapter 1 . 4/7
This was short but really good! Great job!
Home Made Tiramisu chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Your story …

Maybe I’m not from Hong Kong. I think I only been there once when I was … um … two? I can’t even remember that.

I seriously hope this isn’t a story about the real you. I don’t know, it just seems kind of strange to me. I guess a lot of stuff has changed in mainland but damn I’m not that old, am I? Shit I just jumped into the twenty-digit box too. Maybe I’m just that backward but I seriously hope girls isn’t looking for boyfriends at the age of twelve like that … almost feel like the US, which is kind of creepy. The last time I went back which was just a couple of years ago, I still got that innocent feeling from girls. I hope that hasn’t changed.

Also, I really don’t know why the main character wants to go to Japan. If I ever had a chance to go back in time I would choose not to go to Japan … that is if I had a choice as a five year old. I don’t know, something about the war makes Japanese kind of ostracize Chinese. We don’t get along. I don’t know about Hong Kongness though haha I call them Hong Kongness with all the England fiasco, but they are Chinese now I guess.

Anyways, you’ll get picked on a lot, at least I did. Idiots would call you names like stupid mainland farmers and dumbass village people. Hell, and I was only half Chinese and I live in the city for god’s sake! Stupid kids. Eventually you get pissed off about it. For all you westerners, best way to relate to it is: Orane from Kill Bill. Remember when she cut the dude’s head off when he said something about her nationality? Yeah … because she was half Chinese.

Good thing I was tall and could kick some serious midget ass. I don’t know about a girl though. Maybe you’ll be okay if you’re like Orane and Gogo. haha Then again, I’m sure you’ll just end up crying until you develop some type of eating disorder. No, I’m just kidding … or am I?

Also, I hope you’re fluent in Japanese and even if you are, your dialect will give it away immediately. I know, shit sucks. Best way to describe it … is like a black dude going to an all white rodeo in Texas … racism and ostracism sucks.