Reviews for Better than Byron
joyindenver chapter 4 . 6/20/2016
sigh his confession about his feeling for Margaret ️ I felt my insides melt.
joyindenver chapter 3 . 6/19/2016
I love it. Good for Edgar. I'm so happy and giddy that he defended Margaret.
joyindenver chapter 2 . 6/19/2016
I love the picture "stately stature" and "polished claws" painted. Very nice :)
joyindenver chapter 1 . 6/19/2016
Nice start. :) I really enjoyed your narrative voice. Kinda Bronte'ish in the style of Jane Eyre. Good job!
Guest chapter 6 . 5/17/2016
I', a little confused. I thought chapter 3 said that Mr. Dalton had died.
Aqua chapter 3 . 10/14/2014
I'm sad to see the story taken down. It had been a favorite of mine as you were writing it, but unfortunately I never got to review (I was waiting till I got an account here which I never did) or finish the story. Anyways, I wish you the best, and I hope you keep writing (and posting here!).
leavesfallingup chapter 17 . 5/25/2013
There is no greater pain than burying your little child. The universe itself seems of kilter when an innocent child with so much promise is suddenly snatched away, while you stand to the side, helpless to do anything to stop it. Will he be a changed man because of this?
eaststar chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
I'm not exactly able to read this right now as I am running out of time, but I don't like to leave without leaving a review. Out of what I've read so far, I see that this is very well written for a fanfic! It is difficult to write a historical fiction without pretentiousness (a crime of which I am heavily guilty of) , but from what I've seen, your writing is fairly devoid of that. I think I will come back...when I find time in the future *crosses my fingers*
Guest chapter 4 . 5/17/2013
I didn't see that coming, Thurlow having a child. I'm so curious to know her origins! As always, I love the way you write. I love how the relationship between Edgar and Margaret is deepening.
Kristina Suko chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Oh my goodness, Lady Beatrice's hidden insult of their "refreshing country manners" cracked me up!
It seems out of place to have him say "a couple of years". That phrase seems more modern. Maybe "a few" instead?
Overall I'm really enjoying the characters so far, and your excellent use of your vocabulary! It's not often I see people making use of words as you do, and I love it!
Kristina Suko chapter 2 . 4/28/2013
Aww, bonding moments! This reminds me so much of Jane Eyre, just their mannerisms and appearances. I like the way you write.
Kristina Suko chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Interesting start! It reminds me a little of Jane Eyre in a way. I like your ways of describing people.
Only one possible typo- if he was of "ten and thirty" wouldn't that just make him forty, and is it correct to phrase it so? I'm not actually sure if it's wrong or not, it just seems like a funny way to say he's forty. :)
leavesfallingup chapter 13 . 4/28/2013
A very sad history. It does explain much about how he is now.

One question: it seems like he is in love with his sister in the past two chapters. Am I over-interpreting his words and actions, or is this part of why he goes through such fits of self-loathing?
leavesfallingup chapter 11 . 4/20/2013
This is an excellently written and very absorbing story. I look forward to reading more... and that very soon?
leavesfallingup chapter 4 . 4/20/2013
So his entire outward show is an act? What happened to his daughter's mother?
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »