Reviews for Pillow Book
for shame chapter 4 . 12/8/2009
i like your writing style, though the title is a bit bland.

but to each his, or her, own.

my least favorite thing to do in the kitchen is cutting fish.

it scares me the way their eyes always seem to look into mine.

what part of china did you visit?
Whisper on the Lips chapter 6 . 11/22/2009
i like the imagery. (is cafine being applied directily into your veins? ;D just kidding) write on!
nextone chapter 5 . 11/19/2009
This properly portrays how fickle young love can be.

We've all had it once in our life-the prospective "almosts." A beautiful portrayal.
Whisper on the Lips chapter 5 . 11/19/2009
definte improvemnt from the first chapter. the site's messed up your formating though. but still, this is well done and beautiful. :D Write on!
Whisper on the Lips chapter 4 . 11/19/2009
Where you visiting your Grandmother in China? And is Chinesse your first language? It makes even more sense why you chose Pillow Book now. Cool. I like the comparison of the cutting board to the autopsy tabel. awesome. write on!
Whisper on the Lips chapter 3 . 11/19/2009
bittersweet and true. very true. it strikes a chord in me. write on!
Whisper on the Lips chapter 2 . 11/19/2009
I like the use of the color yellow here. It's beautiful imagery said so succinctly.

Write on!
Whisper on the Lips chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
your father seems oddly hypocrtical. it's harsh and cutting. the thing with drabbles though, is that every detail counts. and the letter bit doesn't quite fit.

anyway, you win nerd points for calling this Pillow Book and making it biographical. ::high five::

write on!
five north chapter 3 . 11/18/2009
i've felt like this

so many times

and not just mondays but wednesdays and sundays and all the other days but that fact that this is monday, you make a point of it being monday-

somehow that made it all clinch for me.

and the newness. (they never notice! how do they never notice?) the newness was there next to the monday when i went /oh./

i guess what i'm trying to say, with much circumlocution, is that that was gorgeous.
Ashlee Pond chapter 4 . 9/30/2009
I hate that feeling, the one of youth slipping away.

I love the way that you write, it's very nice to read and you seem to tell us a lot without really giving away in information. It's great.
fedgrhtjykumil chapter 4 . 9/8/2009
I'm not far enough in my lang/comp class to figure out exactly why the words "heard the charming syllables drop from their mouths, softly" are so appealing. Instead, I can only tell you that those words are sweetly strung together.
Ireland M. Monroe chapter 4 . 9/7/2009
I'm trying to learn french right now. I'm surrounded by France currently, and I'm still not getting the hang of it. You are probably having a better time with french then me. :]

"-but rather the hazy images of Parisian cafes filled with spiraling white plumes of cigarette smoke and the intertwining scents of coffee and baguette.

I pictured lovely French boys, strolling down the yew-framed avenues with their heads cast down low and scarves draped across their thin shoulders, I saw their smiles in my dreams and heard the charming syllables drop from their mouths, softly, "mademoiselle, je t'aime..."

The Baguettes are delicious and I've had encounters with some lovely french men and woman. But knowing the french language would actually come in handy. heh heh.
morphine and lollipops chapter 5 . 9/7/2009
I am assuming your Grandmother isn't American?
morphine and lollipops chapter 4 . 9/6/2009
I like you. I like you a lot. A boy should never tell you to tell them on Tuesday.
jessica kelli chapter 2 . 7/24/2009
i would have done the same thing.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »