Reviews for The Guardian of Naraiya
twilight678 chapter 3 . 12/19/2009
This chapter was great. Can totally relate to it and all, especially getting into trouble for something you didn't intentionally do.
Vez chapter 3 . 12/19/2009
Hey, yeah, it's me again. I like what you've with it this time around. It really flows nicely. and just on the side, that Mrs Greyer can be such a cow. Wouldn't happen to be anyone we know, could it?
fioweenel chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
this is an amazing start, i doubt i could have pulled it off the way you did! you had me hanging on to every word!
B BLiss chapter 3 . 12/19/2009
Anika reminds me of some one I know...
Sercus Kaynine chapter 4 . 12/18/2009
I like your idea of using the music teaching as an important character. That's an original idea for a fantasy story.

I also liked the pacing in this chapter. Lots of action :)

Sercus Kaynine chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
Patient and relaxed music teachers? Let me know where you find them. We could use some over here. XD

I like the forgetting-the-instrument theme... I can totally relate.

I also liked how you used Anika's forgetfulness as a way to forward the plot. Very clever. :)

Sercus Kaynine chapter 2 . 12/18/2009
I liked the way you started this chapter because it was a nice hook.

After, that, though, I didn't enjoy it as much... it was a bit slow. Normal 'wake-up' scenes don't do much for me.

Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
I love the way you started out this piece: active and interesting. You jump right into the plot.

While overall the writing was good and gave a nice fantasy feel, I feel you slipped from active voice to passive sometimes. It distracted me from the rest of the piece. Here's an example:

"Within a few moments, a grey animal, swift and unflagging, had galloped through the dirt tracks, spraying mud in his haste. His master was born upon his back, although his features were hidden by a cloak, woven roughly so that it would seem he had obtained it through a sudden change of plans."

Why "had galloped" and "was born" instead of "galloped" and "rode"? Just little things like that caught my attention.

Counting Petals chapter 2 . 12/13/2009
I like that you added this, because I feel like it gave us a little more perspective on what Anika's life is like before she gets sucked into a whole other world. I do wish there'd been a little more, though, just so we could get more than just a taste. I felt like we were left a little lacking.

-Counting Petals (formerly .watching)
DeepBlueSea chapter 2 . 12/13/2009
Hey!

Great start! It is slightly confusing. (Especially the prologue.) but you have great writing skills and so far this is intruiging. (If i spelled that right.) I would get a beta to read it over for confusing-ness and spelling and grammar mistakes. All the same, great job. I look foward to more.

DeepBlueSea
twilight678 chapter 2 . 12/13/2009
I'm surprised you decided to rework this story. It was going well.

Anyway, it's really good so far. Great contrast between the first and second chapter. Anika has a clear personality and her relationship with her family and school friends is realistic and believable.
Counting Petals chapter 8 . 11/15/2009
Sorry it's been so long. School has me swamped. Luckily, I only have about three weeks left until my winter break, so I should be able to comment more regularly soon.

I found this chapter to be rather sudden. I don't remember seeing Anika getting any training on how to use Naraiya (or maybe she did earlier and I just don't remember? If so, disregard that comment). And Mr. Howard just seems to come across as over the top when he gets mad at Olivia - I haven't really seen much reason for him to hate her like he does. Mistrust, yes, but the emotions he's showing seem a little too much for the circumstances. I guess I could see him losing his temper like he did if there was evidence of some special connection between him and Anika, but I haven't really seen anything out of the ordinary there, either.

Again, sorry it's been so long since I've reviewed!

-starsarewatching
anti-climax chapter 2 . 11/3/2009
Yours was the quickest return review I have ever received on Fictionpress! Haha, all right, Chapter 2...

I thought Doric surrendered the magic mirror to that Rennor fellow... So how come Anika had access to it?

'Vendor’s cries filled the air' Vendors' cries

I don't really have anything else other than to say this was an interesting chapter although the pacing was somewhat abrupt. I did think you could have prolonged the tension slightly when she met the stranger in silver armor rather than conclude it so quickly.
anti-climax chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This is a good prologue you have here; it leaves a lot of questions that do not exasperate but rather provides a sense of anticipation for chapters to come.

The interactions between the characters are believable and the dialogue doesn't feel stilted. So all-in-all, nice work here
Vez chapter 10 . 10/31/2009
This is awesome so far. You should consider getting it published, it's that good! I can tell that you've defnitely put a lot of effort into the characters and the plot.

Now that Anika lost Naraiya to the Chancellor, I wonder what he will do to them? Well, whatever it is, it won't be good...
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »