Reviews for beautiful insomniac
livingspiritz1 chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
bubblygirl027 chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Hey I love your poem! If you don't mind, sorry I posted this on my profile, I kinda plugged it. Yeah, but don't worry it has a "by:" I pasted your fiction press profile so it would be linked to you! :
thedaysthatneverend chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
One word: beautiful. I am so glad I found this poem, and I'm not lying when I say that it really inspired me as I was doing working on a poetry project for my English class. You are honestly an artist of words, because as I was reading it I could imagine the "pounding hearts," the "raw paper cuts," and the "secrets laced with poisons." My favorite lines? Too hard too choose (: But I guess I'll pick one: for we are all electricity and adrenaline and pounding hearts and quick pulses throbbing like raw paper cuts. I'm not exactly sure why it's my favorite, but when I was reading it aloud (it was too good not to :P), it just really captured my attention. I think it's all the "and"s because it feels like the list will never end. Amazing work (:
InkWitch chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Poems on FictionPress rarely have the magic or the fluidity that your words have. Nor does it quite have the fantasy you've created. Honestly, the only problem I had was that some parts of it was obscure and very vague but the world and the emotions you created was enough to make me forget about the flaws. You painted a universe in which all I wanted was to be a part of it. To understand the darker and the brighter of it.
You are an artist, my friend.
rosieroo chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Hey there! I'm Rosie from a website called A Drop of Romeo and I'm happy to say that your poem has been added to our site under the category of 'Miscellaneous'! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: I've never been a huge fan of poetry, but the first time I read this poem, I fell in love with it. It's just plain beautiful and hypnotic. It is a very deep poem that had me pondering on it's meaning well after I'd read it (for the third time, that is). The strange format adds to the overall feel of the poem and I think CuriousContradiction has been very creative and insightful with the layout. The use of parentheses was original and created further interest and meaning. The lack of capital letters really did add to the overall mood of the poem.

The imagery is just magnificent and really does capture one's emotions and imagination. The poem has a dark, almost obsessive feel to it, but I couldn't help but keep reading it over and over. It is just so raw, making the emotions almost visible. The words she uses are just sheer brilliance. The way she combines them is gripping and she has painted such a vivid picture with them. CuriousContradiction has a brilliant mastery of words to the point that she's made it an art. I'm glad that the talent in this poem has been recognised by SKoW, where CuriousContradiction won an award.
Lucifers angel 666 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
For some reason, I was readon this like rap...

Well done, you!
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
I can't really say anything apart from the fact that I absolutely love this. It's just... so clever. So brilliant! The words you use paint such a vivid picture, it's almost like I can see it unfolding right in front of my face. I can't begin to say how much I love everything about this. The brackets were well used, and I thought the lack of capital letters added a certain element that I can't really explain. Brilliance, pure beauty. Really well done!
Lobotomised chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
beautiful.
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
oh my god. amazing. i absolutely adore this. i'm sure plenty of people have said this before me, but this is just incredible.
justthegirl56 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Simply amazing.
Zoe chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I.. Wow. I love it. Love the words with brackets. Just amazing.
pheonixsflames chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
this is so beautiful!

I LOVE THE WRODS YOU USE TO DISCRIBE,so different.
RuhFuh chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I can just hear that turning into an angsty song. I can swear that I was tapping my foot to it. "Dark january sarcasm", oh, so amazing. Loved the brackets. Good, GOOD work.
Cirbra chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Flows so well.
runtransatlantic chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
i just wanted to let you know that i've nominated you for a SKoW award-and it has gone through. congratulations on the nomination, and i will be voting for this poem. your style is raw and beautiful, and i really appreciated all the references to neon and lights and the darkness. it's something i've become obsessed with over the years-like, the images, and to see them in your work was wonderful.

i will send you a PM with a line-by-line break down of your work within the next few weeks. unfortunately, school is holding me by the ears, and i can't spare the time i know it will take for me to sit down and read it how it deserves.

runtransatlantic