Reviews for Ad astra
lookingwest chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
You're so great at describing the nitty-gritty of America, you just really show it for it's realist worth, it's almost Gothic-and because of that I constantly love these last lines of "So I'll vomit this/into..." that's just plain genius. I also like this one because it talks directly to the reader and in that respect it makes you feel as a reader, a little vulnerable, and the speaker seems to have this kind of intimate connection with you.

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
Howle chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I am really surprised at the lack of review for each of your poems. This should seriously have like a billion of them. Once again, wonderful. Beautiful and poignant as your other masterpieces go. I would really suggest taking this an Collapsed Lung(which is seriously my favorite poem on here) and starting a collection with them. It definitely deserves publishing.
improv chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Ad astra,/ad caelum means "to the Heavens", "to the Stars", right? My Latin is not that good, sorry.

But I really like the use of your Latin in the third stanza, and how each stanza is shaped; each one getting smaller and smaller lines. It's a great first-person poem, and the last stanza is very powerful. I found your loose rhyming quite funny, as if the poem is a childish taunt. Sweet poem.