Reviews for Past All Those Inhibitions
zigzagpie chapter 6 . 4/4/2013
Please please update. This is great.
canterro chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
A review from me, this time :D

God, I love your language! And your observations. I have a strange obsession about very short sentences and you satisfy it :)

I didn't have time yet to get to chapter five, but I will :)

Hey, what do you think about cooperation? I feel you'd be perfect to write something with me. It's just an idea that suddenly came to my mind... ;)

God luck with your writing! It's really exceptional :)
RebeltoAnything chapter 5 . 10/11/2009
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this, really, I love the way you depict your character's feelings it makes them look so real and palpable.

Can't wait for the next chapter
Esquirella chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
You've got a gift for conveying powerful emotion.
Streudel chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
The main reason I decided to read this story, was because I liked the title. I don't know why, but the actual story surprised me a bit. (Maybe the summary doesn't give a strong enough impression? Dunno, I suck at writing them, so I can't help you there lol.)

Anyway, it's beautifully written and I get a nice clear sense everything. The environment, character personalities, the tone... everything. I'm only disappointed that there isn't more to read right now.

I like what you've got so far and I'm definitely looking forward to more.

-Streudel
Barkers3 chapter 2 . 8/14/2009
Interesting...I like it :D
Esquirella chapter 2 . 7/30/2009
This is awesome!
Mercedes Woods chapter 2 . 7/26/2009
I loved Kevin's reaction to the kiss. That was really realistic. Kevin also gave more insight into why Dennis kissed him, and I now realize that it might not have anything to do with Dennis' personality, but more his reaction to his dying mother. If it has nothing to do with his personality, then I take back what I said. If it has more to do with his mother, then I think it's fine the way it is. It makes me question, makes me curious, and I immediately get an answer I'm looking for. Because of that, it works well.

I loved that Anna was given a voice also. She gave more insight into Kevin's background, which I'd also just begun to want a little more of.

... I have to say, though, it's really fucked up that Kevin and Dennis are making out right next to his dying mother. A little funny, but really fucked up. But hey, it just makes the story even more interesting.
Mercedes Woods chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
I love the switching POVs! It reminds me of "My Sister's Keeper", especially since it starts off in a hospital. The first paragraph was very interesting. It gave the setting, and a bit of the narrator's personality at the same time. The only thing I suggest with the first paragraph is breaking it up a little bit. The, "It's not the..." gets really repetitive and hard to read. I think that it might be easier to read if you connected two of the sentences, like, "It's not the..., or the..."

This is very well-written, though. Beautifully written, in fact. It begins with a very intense, powerful subject. It has two narrators with very different, yet very strong voices. It's very refreshing to see a serious story like this.

The only thing I'm not sure of is Dennis kissing Kevin. I believe that it would happen. It's not unrealistic. It just makes me wonder more about Dennis' character. If Dennis really had the spontaneous personality, then it absolutely would've worked. There hasn't been a lot of evidence of that, though. Maybe, it one of Dennis' POV sections, he can think of a time when he did do something spontaneous. Then, there would be no question that he would've kissed Kevin.