Reviews for lepidoptera
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
i dream about writing poetry like this.
Keree chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
That's just... Wow.
StarlightWish17 chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
O_o

Wow. That's all I can say.

Wow.
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Progressive poetry is grossly infected with pointless abstracts for the sake of abstracts and incomprehensible, random babble for the sake of eluding the prying inquisitive eye of the logic(or heart even) and passing off as the so-called post-modern art. Your piece is a horrible, disastrous, disgustingly incompetent example of such poetry as aforementioned.

This doesn't draw away from the fact that it's downright beatific, a stained pearl with a heart. The beauty lies in the pain and the emotion inherent. The blood and the heart, not the luster and architectural perfection is what makes your poem inspiring.

The descriptions reach out to the reader, penetrate his psyche. Ebony veins, ivory fingers, taciturn gardenias but most of all- the monoxide field- my favorite- they make my soul sing.

The theme is commendable. A bit abstract, vague, but still comprehensible to the level of free interpretation. As I see it, it is a tearful presentation of self-discovery and man's desperate(but as yet vain) to release the inner 'I' unto the world. We are forever in that monoxide field, even as lovers.

Great work.
lymli chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
the last part is sweet and lovely, the whole description made love like something so important and dangerous at the same time.

amazing poem.
Isca chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
"Drowning in sweat." This reminded me of a poem of mine, actually, where I describe a butterfly dying in the sweaty palm of a girl. Naturally, I liked this opening - it was very shocking and creative.

"Did colour exist in a former life?" This is a brilliant question. I daresay that there are certain things in this life that we have 'known of' in the 'time before.' Perhaps 'colour' was one of those things.

"Someday, I will save you." I absolutely adore this line. The tone itself is superb - it's cold and melancholic. Excellent writing.

"Feel me." This line is simple, yet quite profound - touching a butterfly or a moth definitely feels like you're touching something innocent - which begs the question: is such a caress a violation of that creature's body?

"Jaundice eyes." Creative description.

"In this field of monoxide, I love you." Jesus Christ. This line is so powerful I have tears in my eyes - this piece is beyond phenomenal - I'm amazed! Truly, you're a talented writer! You should be very proud of yourself. :D
KelaBelle chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Nice. I liked it. x
WinMyHeart5444 chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
This is so amazing. I really love the italiced lines, they made the whole poem seem deeper. Beautiful!
Ditch of Glass chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
i really enjoy the use of your broad vocabulary here, i think that adds a lot of color to the story.

i think i got high off of reading this. haha.
The Candle Thief chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Your word choice is very...how can I put this? Potent, I guess...and the imagery is simply startling. A very haunting poem, indeed. :D

-Ramen
sathepine chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Gorgeous piece, despite or perhaps because of its creepiness. Nicely written! And thanks, I learned a new word hehe