Reviews for Winter Wakes
Lapin chapter 36 . 3/23/2013
That was so good! Absolutely wonderful!
LunaGratia chapter 36 . 7/28/2012
I cried so hard for these characters.
This was beautiful, well-written, and twisted with mystery, death, and betrayal. I loved it. Never have I hated characters with such ire but grow to love them as much as I had with Maggie and especially Simon.
You characterize the opposite sides of the spectrum of human nature so well, from the extreme cruelty that humans are so easily capable of to the heartbreaking love and sadness.
This was so worth the read, and I adored all the different plot twists.
It has a simplicity to it at moments that I admire and wish I was capable of.
And your imagery and diction... they are fabulous.
Thank you so much for writing.
I would buy this if you ever published it.
geeky-asian-ninja chapter 36 . 7/27/2012
This story is extremely well written. Creative and addicting, I could not stop reading it. Keep it up!
Uncle Rupert chapter 36 . 11/4/2011
That was possibly one of the most amazing stories i have ever read. seriously, i'd pay top dollar for a story that good.

your characters were brilliant, the way that slotted into the story, how each of them played a part important to the plot. Simon was awesome. i think if i was maggie i'd have a crush and a half too. it was so exciting to see it unfold and oddly enough i had no idea where it was going. normally these things know pretty early on, maybe i read too much... but anyway yours story was a suprise. it held me totally capivatived the hole way through. thank you so much for sharing this it was more then amazing, i don't even have words. loved it.
S.N. Rainsworth chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
This has only twenty two reviews.

ONLY TWENTY TWO.

I do not understand this fallacy.

"Winter Wakes" is probably one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read in my life. So articulately placed, so heartbreaking, so shocking. Everything was perfect. Every feeling sent you on a roller coaster of emotions that you didn't want to come down from. I enjoyed every second and I'm not ashamed to say that I cried. This deserves so much more recognition.

The story itself is plain and simple in the end, and the whole thing tied together perfectly. Maggie's life will go on. There's no happy ending right now, other than Oliver waking up. And I think that it was absolutely perfect.

-Summer
UnderControl chapter 36 . 10/14/2011
Ahhh! Love it. Period :)
myfreckles chapter 34 . 9/7/2011
Oh, little Normandy, why aren't you a published author? 3
ABIGAIL.lucy chapter 18 . 7/10/2011
Oh God, that was so sad. BETRAYAL. Why is it always the best friend and boyfriend?

I thought it was so sweet of Simon to look after her like that, or as much as a dead guy can.
Imagination's Dust chapter 31 . 5/15/2011
I couldn't review this story before because FP decided to get nasty. D: But I have to say, oftentimes the stories with lesser reviews end up being stories I adore, usually because they don't necessarily stay within typical cliched teen plots. Excellent work on that.

You should check out . You might get much more feedback there. :D

Looking forward to your next update,

- HT
Becuziamalive128 chapter 30 . 4/7/2011
ABSOLUTELY the BEST ghost story I have ever read. I don't know why the hell you put this story on fictionpress because this story is beyond good enough to publish, but...I'm glad you did. : )
Yereanth16 chapter 30 . 4/4/2011
Please PLEASE PLLEEAASSE continue this wonderful story! PLEEAASE I BEG YOU*begs* I love Simon, he is wonderful and cold and kind and I wonder if Oliver will wake up...and scares the crap out of me, I wonder if he suspect that Simon is a ghost and I wonder what they will talk about. I feel a bit bad for Maggie specially since Simon might end up leaving and I think Felicia and George killed Simon because Felicia wanted to have Daniel to herself without worrying and George wanted to get rid of their friendship and be the top Alpha.

YOU ARE AWESOME AND WONDERFUL! please continue this story!

-Yery-

P/S Sorry it was so long
StrangeMindFiction chapter 30 . 3/27/2011
This story is amazing! I love it! :D I really like Simon and Maggie's interactions with each other, as well as how Simon is now becoming so much sweeter! It's really great!
Idle Psyche chapter 27 . 9/13/2010
I absolutely love this story, and am surprised you haven't received more reviews :) You've explored your characters' history, strength, weaknesses, and captivated readers with each chapter in this twisting mystery. Maggie is an admirable and strong protagonist, and Simon, her complex, multi-layer co-star. Love, love, love this - please update when you can!
Layla the fiend chapter 24 . 8/20/2010
I support Maggie/Simon. I hope that at some point in the story, she'll develop the ability to touch him. Please?
Layla the fiend chapter 6 . 6/28/2010
Yeah, this is pretty much awesome.