Reviews for Maple Syrup Politics
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I really love this idea. The concept of maple syrup politics is so unique and creative, but it made perfect sense. Almost like how come no one thought of this phrase before.

I also liked the piece. Your descriptions are absolutely amazing. Your word choices are perfect. I also like the question you ask at the end. That was a perfect ending.

PS If you're bored check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (links in my profile).
Fina Arvanthol chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Thanks for the kind reviews you two! :)
Kalissimo chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I really enjoyed this piece of writing! I naturally avoided looking at it at first because the title contained the word "Politics" - probably my least favourite topic ever! But I eventually delved into it because the title made my mouth water, and I was pleasantly surprised!

I loved all the imagery and the way that you start off thinking of a nice gooey pancake and maple syrup (an interesting thing to associate with politics!)and then quite suddenly it becomes something not so delightful, like "viscous snake venom"

I could literally imagine everything you described here and I think that makes a great piece of writing. This is probably the only time I will ever enjoy politics!:)
sailortasuki19 chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Wow, my maple syrup politics. The poem was sticky and it kinda made me wanna eat pancakes. But i liked this poem. :3 it reminded me of pancakes :D