Reviews for A Complaint
1998wizardcox.net chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Huh.

I really don't know what to say. I can't say "you need to improve/avoid your _." I can't give you an A, or a C, or whatnot. I just can't.

I can say this: if you want adventure-not fantasy, necessarily, but just adventure-make it. Do something. I try to. This week, I've got something interesting planned for school.

Good job…?

Melf
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
I don't think I can critique this properly. It's like grading someone else on their dreams.

10 points for strategic use of Freud.

Yeah. Doesn't feel right at all.

The one thing I can say is that this piece seems to echo something in me. Maybe it's buried, but it's there all the same and it makes reading "a complaint" piercingly poignant.

-SC

Also, "When I hear hoof-beats, I don't immediately think horse. Not even zebra" made me grin.
TheLast chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Upon reading this I couldn't help but have an odd sense of something... Unsure of what it is. But anyways, not to jump the bandwagon, I just wanted to say that the same goes for me but reasons for this are a bit different. I search for fictional adventure for a sense of belonging, not to say that I'm a neglected child, but there is a pit of emptiness where I find myself, laying awake at night thinking to myself, "Is there more." Well not to waste your time with mindless drabble, I hope not to loss fate, but with every secert that lays awake, there is always that one to find it. Just wanted to share that thought.