Reviews for When You Awaken
xxsosuemexx chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
I actually read this aloud to myself. The rhythm and repetition is beautiful. I love how you never stray from thinking of the body as merely a vessel, and that the poem starts and finishes with the same kind of resolve, minus the emotional growth and change. I did have to read the stanza about hours of safety about five times to say it right, because it took a while to understand that I couldn't understand. Visualization was as far as I could go, and I assure you, that is more than enough. Wonderful poem.
Walking in Xanadu chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
I couldn't remember whether I had ever reviewed anything of yours (if not, I apologise; I'm utterly useless when it comes to things like that). But anyway, I read this. Now, on to the review. :)

Okay, first of all, great rhythm. This is the thing I always notice first, and I like the rhythm of this piece.

Second of all, great imagery. Gave me fucking chills, which I would like to think is a difficult feat to achieve.

And third of all, this piece is better than many published works I've read. Honestly. Like, you could . . . I don't know, win contests with this piece. Submit this piece to an anthology. (I don't much write poetry, so I don't know what you could do with it, but. You could do SOMETHING with it.)

So: :)
Mirabella chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
It's so beautiful!

You clearly were inspired! :)