Reviews for Finders Keepers
Eskye chapter 7 . 1/7/2010
First, I would like to say that I hope you're a girl. I'm saying that because though I thoroughly disagree with the heterosexual institution of marriage, and truly have no idea why many of the LGBT society would want it, I would most certainly make an exception for you. If you aren't a girl, then I will be thoroughly disappointed. And maybe cry.

I love the narrative in this story. Usually when I read amateur fiction, I speed read through it because of the disastrous grammar mistakes and cliche plots. The character is so hilarious, and the smart-ass "I'm judging everything." point of view makes me laugh so hard I cry.

I feel like this story has a lot of polish, with well thought-out sentences. But I could be wrong and you may just have amazing natural style. Morag feels real to me, and I like how the characters all have flaws that are pointed out more in an artistic fashion. I even like the addition of "Gifts" into the story, though I do hope that it becomes more involved with the plot later in the story.

I also noticed the comment at the end about having studied in Germany, which is pretty darn cool, because I'm going to college there soon.

You haven't updated in over three months, so please do. I might possibly die if you don't. Or cry again, if I'm not already crying about you not being a girl or turning down my marriage proposal. I would very much like to continue reading this.
mrsladyofshalott chapter 7 . 9/30/2009
Morag's characterization is remarkably consistent. She lives and breathes, and while seemingly incessantly outraged, it feels justifiable not tiresome. This is due in large part to your keen observational skills and deftly drawn details of setting and circumstance. Her vocabulary could expand beyond exploring how many parts of speech can accommodate the f-bomb, but that's part of her charm, I suppose. I look forward to her next encounter with Kay, who, though Morag is clearly strong and independent almost to a fault, is charmingly capable at making her off-balance and verklempt. Concerning Adrian and their conversation: he has high school sports trophies? Really? Also, the Healthcare Bill retort will one day date this dialogue. Can't wait to see how the Gift plays out on a larger scale. The flat-mate could use more airtime as well, but I suppose that's in the offing. More, please.
Just in cases chapter 7 . 9/28/2009
Hey good call about Lipton and rice milk, I totally agree.

Well done on another engaging chapter, cant wait for the next one. :)
Your Heroin chapter 6 . 9/3/2009
Tsk, my lazy ass continuously forgot to review.

I absolutely love their banter and conflicting personalities. Morag skips around the conversation, yet is oblivious to underlying hints, while Kay is quite blunt while being sneaky about it.

Whenever I see an update from you, I feel quite giddy and it makes my day. Twould make me a happy camper if your updates came quicker! That's not a complaint or suggestion by the way, it's merely me stating my opinion. I don't mind your current pace!

And I feel I must add this here. I am absolutely in love with the haiku you wrote in your profile. It is genius.
Xenn.be.Twisted chapter 5 . 8/24/2009
Woot! I love it! This so entertaining XD. Morag is great. Please, write more!
Just in cases chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
Me again.

I am reading this before I leave for the dentist and I am hoping to God (or whatever is up there) that I dont:

a) have that nurse

b) have that bland arse fellow looking into my mouth and

c) have to suppress the urge to hit him in the face anytime during our consultation. :)

Fun to read... oh and those chocolates sound disgustingly delightful. Like a gift you buy your boss.
Just in cases chapter 4 . 8/12/2009
Just wanted to say well done! I could feel the bitch vibes through my note book (and let me tell you I pride myself on being a master level bitch).

I also loved how oblivious she was to the lunch proposal. Was this because she was obsessed/preoccupied with the gloves or is she just bad at subtle hints?
Limited Edition chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Hahaha I love the "God, I need to get laid" sentence XD It made me laugh. I love the first line, conveys a good feel of the story. Great job.
Your Heroin chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
God, wow, I laughed pretty damn hard at the chapterd. Seriously, I love how you've written the character so brutally, yet amusingly, honest.

I really do hope you keep up with this.
Just in cases chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
Just wanted to say that I think your character is great. I find the way she thinks refreshingly honest and her perspective very funny.

Looking forward to the next chapter.