Reviews for The Great Awakening
3piph4ny chapter 2 . 8/19/2009
I love the familial relationships lol. Soleil is hilarious, she reminds me of myself a lot. Colleen reminds me of my mother too. I think I have a Thea as well, but no Jocelyn. The story is really good. The dialogue is great, it definitely kept me involved. Dare I say I'm more interested in the family than the supernatural aspect of the story? They're great! I mean really..perhaps a spinoff later on? lol

Can't wait to see what comes up though. Jocelyn's actions remind me of the main character of my story in regard to embracing the supernatural aspects of life, and disproving of the typical life routine everyone follows. Please keep up with this!
3piph4ny chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Interesting synopsis. The story didn't instantly grab me, but by the end, I was thoroughly involved. I enjoy your writing style, very witty and sarcastic at times. The lead actually reminds me of myself in some aspects. She's very realistic, and thus I can relate to her. Excellent job, I couldn't find anything wrong. I'm eager to find what's wrong with her.
Angel-Leigh Jones chapter 2 . 8/18/2009
hiya

another great chapter. the only thing i found was there was no mention of thea in the first chapter. But thats no worries.

Angel
Angel-Leigh Jones chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
hiya

wow what a chapter, i'm very interested in where this is going to go.

What is wrong with Soleil? And what an interesting name very different from Jocelyn. How do you say Soleil? and do you know its meaning?

Well done!

Here is a mistake i think i found.

1. Jocelyn was voted Homecoming Queen every year of her high school (year). - year should be years.

Angel
bvwpeanut chapter 2 . 8/18/2009
I really like this story now! At first I thought vampires was a little cliche, but now I'm really liking your idea! I can't wait for you to update!
bvwpeanut chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I'm liking this story so far. I like how it has a little bit of humor!

"Hell, they tried to nominate her for Homecoming Queen when she was in eighth grade..."

I liked that.

I kinda think that her mom knows something that she doesn't know, but I'm not sure! And I like the name Soleil!
21 | « Prev Page 1 2