Reviews for sapphires are my best friend
Lux d'Marcs chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
you are amazing, and this

is mind-blowing.
softersin chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
this brings back memories for me.

i can relate.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
This has such a dreamy, artsy, abstract feel to it; I couldn’t help but be sucked into the splendor and youthful exuberance of it.

“you said forever and i agreed with a lollipop in my mouth/and my bangs blowing across my face.” - Probably my favorite phrase of the day. The object of the lollipop really says YOUNG to me, like this girl is too young to have any idea about the meaning behind the words that she’s speaking. Yet at the same time the mirror verse about her bangs goes in an entirely different direction. To me, bangs are ultramodern, sophisticated, someone to cares about her appearance, and cares about the people around her. So perhaps, this person is torn between the greater halves of herself, the child, and the women. Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.

Jules, via the Review Marathon (links in my profile)
Isca chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
"Calla lily white." I love lilies. The imagery here is divine.

"Usurped." Nice word choice.

"Now I sit quivering in the newborn silence." This is the best line in this piece - it's absolutely brilliant and moving - WOW! :D

Keep up the good work. You haven't lost your touch.
Alphabetical Dreams chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Love, you're nuts. Lost your touch? PHHT! You are more incredible than ever... I really love this poem. Especially "now I sit quivering in the new born silence" lovely, lovely, lovely.

Miss you...

xoxoxoxo Alphabetical Dreams (me)
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
You so have not lost your touch, this is absolutely breath taking!

"but the sent of memories still lingers

in your hair." -Love this line, but sent is supposed to be scent.

"kissed my stomach till the butterflies

went away and let you in." -Amazing!

Great job on this. Keep it up!
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
First of all, you have not lost your touch.

Second of all, this is beautiful.

I love "the scent of memories still lingers in your hair" and "calla lily white on your printer paper and you'd ride your bike across town to dance in the rain that I caused." You have so many brilliant, beautiful lines.

I also LOVED "and kissed my stomach till the butterflies went away and let you in"

as well as

"quivering in the new born silence"

just beautiful.
Katie Nicole chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
I notice in your author's note, you mention that you've lost your touch.

Don't sell yourself short; this is beautiful.

I like your descriptions of intangible things, like the smell of memories in someone's hair. Such a simple, lovely thought.

My favorite stanzas are definitely the last three, in which I think the poem becomes more defined, specific and stronger, and they paint a picture that the reader can see in precise detail.

The details you add are great, because they're small but brilliant - striped sheets and sugar highs, bangs blowing across your face.

I think my absolute favorite description in the poem is in the first line of the last stanza - "quivering in the new born silence" - to describe the silence as new-born is so chilling.

I don't know if I did a good enough job of getting across why I liked this so much, but in a sense it feels relatable, or in the the least, understandable. It expresses a familiar, almost universal sadness and insecurity that speaks to me somehow.

So, yeah. Great job [: