Reviews for Both Sides Now
plumbucket chapter 19 . 2/16/2010
Loved it! Great choice in the epilogue too :)
Slayin-Em chapter 19 . 2/6/2010
I read both this story and your other story, Homeward Bound. I read the other one first, and gosh I have to say, I'm so jealous of your ability to write. Honestly, finding the gems on this site can be difficult, but I'm so glad I found what you wrote, I loved both stories. The way you drag out the beginning and the way you really describe your characters, ugh, I love it! It makes it so much more believable and easy to picture the whole thing in your head. It's almost four a.m. so if this review makes very little sense I apologize in advance. I just would have felt so guilty if I didn't send in some kind of review letting you know you are truly talented! Thanks so much for writing the stories, they kept me entertained for the better part of a few days.
Mayuka chapter 19 . 2/5/2010
This was a fantastic story! I loved every minute of it!
taichcha chapter 19 . 2/4/2010
I have fallen in love with this story. Great job!
bobby5155 chapter 19 . 1/31/2010
I really enjoy your stories, this is the third I've read in the past couple of days.

My only issue with any of your stories are your author's notes. Personally I don't like reading author's notes in general because I read really quickly and they tend to distract me from the story. But I didn't like yours in particular because you seem so unhappy with some of your work, and my feeling is if you're not happy with a sentence, paragraph, chapter, etc. why should anyone else enjoy your writing.

But I just wanted to say I think your writing is really good and I liked that even though there was drama it still felt upbeat.
dddenised29 chapter 12 . 1/25/2010
I absolutley adore this chapter! It is so well written and true to life. I smiled and giggled and laughed through the whole chapter. I love how you keep it the same from start to finish, all email and then got into the reaction and realiztions from it in the next chapter.

This is one of the best chapter's that I have read in a long, long time!

BRAVO!
Gintaras chapter 19 . 1/24/2010
And that is quite possibly my favourite epilogue of all time, apart from the one in the book "Golden Prince" which made me cry. Simple, effective, to the point, and just nice. Not at all self-important, which I find a lot of prologues/epilogues to be. And for once I'm not feeling devastated at the end of one of your stories, probably because I read the earlier version - this was, at the risk of sounding weird, rather like a visit from old friends; it was nice to see them again, catch up on news, hear anew about their life, but the painful goodbyes had already been said once before.

My god, what the hell am I writing? Help, I'm sinking into romanticism and cloying sentimentality. My powers of sarcasm are no match against its pink and fluffy tide.

Aww, and thank you :D Massive blushes here, but I'm grinning like crazy, because (although this may sound extremely strange (but then, nothing new there)) I'm very proud of your writing and the way it has developed. I know that's a phrase usually reserved for parents regarding their children's achievements, but I suppose it does rather fit here, considering how far you've come since Free Will (er, that was the title, I hope...?)! I'd better go before I get even more nauseatingly sentimental... but congrats on a good story made brilliant by a rewrite, it's been so enjoyable!
Gintaras chapter 18 . 1/24/2010
"The master of subtly you’re not." Love it. Go Riley. I loved how Charlie was slowly, methodically loosening his clothing etc. in preparation for pounding Evan's head in... loved it. That was all that was needed to top the story off.

And wow.

Katie.

My eyebrows are raised.

Although I will admit that I skipped most of it, because for some reason one of my dogs is sitting beside me, staring up at me, and it's somewhat unsettling and strangely awkward. Like I'm doing something wrong. Dammit. Whoever heard of a dog playing chaperone? :P And I can't wait to get to the epilogue now because of your hint regarding the author's note! :D How I miss them... ah well. That aside, FP does rather outstrip old FC. Onwards!
Gintaras chapter 17 . 1/24/2010
And... I'm back! With a view to reaching that new story, although in true Jane form, I'll probably end up reading most of it right before a big essay or something is due, because that just seems to be how I work :P Oh, the power of procrastination.

I loved this bit: "...a Western-style showdown where we drew guns and tumbleweeds blew by in the background maybe?" Major LOL, and so realistic in that she forgot her plan and everything just came tumbling out of her mouth when she opened it - my own adrenalin was pumping as Riley was really beginning to hit her stride, it was awesome! I was cheering her on the whole way, Carolyn had all that and more coming to her. And, childishly, I'm just a little sad that she actually showed her self-awareness and capitulated, because it would have been even more fun for Riley to keep going! :D But with Riley continuing the piano lessons, and seeing Charlie, at least Elle will still get to see her, which is better than if she was locked up for murdering her mother!

Aww, gotta love the movie-like entrance! :D Oh, and the bit where he shaved - that reminds me; I met a guy just before Christmas who reminded me so much of Charlie that I nearly called him that a fair few times! He must have thought I was the biggest idiot, or maybe that I just had really strange pronunciation for going "Ch- er... David..." and then nearly laughing. Another good story to join the locker/crotch/head incident, and the Disapproving Parent in the Morning story. I'm going for a record of idiotic behaviour here :P

Ahem. Back to the story.

Well, I guess it was too much to hope that Charlie and Evan could have a huge fight in the middle of the dance floor over Riley's hand :D Would have been amusing, mind. LOL when Carolyn cut in right at that moment! I wonder if she knew they were about to sneak off? But wow, by the look of it there might still be time for that punch-up...! Dastardly Evan... He just needs a moustache to twirl and one of those overly-evil laughs and he'd be the perfect villain :P Okay, enough silliness on my part. On to the final chapter... and if it'll make you feel better, I'll skip the steamy sex scene :P :P :P
NoInferio chapter 19 . 1/9/2010
I was checking out your latest story earlier today and I read all the chapters you had for it so far. Then I thought I'd check out your other stories and stumbled upon this one. I finished this one tonight. I have to say that you are an amazing writer! I had to read this when no one was around me because I was laughing out loud and making loud exclamations. How embarrassing if someone witnessed me? I love your work that I've read so far and I look forward to reading more!

My favorite chapter of this story has got to be the one with the emails. That last email just made me squeal in excitement!
Twitdit chapter 19 . 12/30/2009
This, i think, was the most amazing story i have EVER read. It had me on the edge of suspense with every chapter, leaving me begging for more. i especially loved the ending... it was perfection. I really strongly suggest you trying to get this published... i think there are a lot of people who would enjoy it as much, if not more, as i did. Thanks so much for writing it. I hope you continue with your incredible talent.
Twitdit chapter 14 . 12/30/2009
wow... You have no idea how incredibly sexy that kitchen scene was... it definitely left me beggim for more!
C.M.Ortega chapter 2 . 12/29/2009
Interesting story so far.

"He's one of those people that is just famous for being famous..." doesn't really make sense. Maybe he's famous for being rich?

Chocorange888 chapter 19 . 12/27/2009
Thank you for your story, and since I was reading your last one, you'll find that I'm working my way through them now. The cheese was good, trust me. I really liked the bit where Carolyn and Riley bonded. Well done though I was hoping it would be longer ;)
renegade01 chapter 19 . 12/25/2009
cute story. kept me interested since i just finished reading it from beginning to end. the epilogue was cleverly done and i liked the humour in it. good job. ;)
261 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »