Reviews for Seraphim, Angels Ablaze
Mirabella chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
"skeletons

formed from stardust

and souls

sparked by supernovas" - my favourite part. :)

Beautiful.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I love the imagery you used in this piece. It's beautiful. )

-Counting Petals
When Eden Burns chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Oh my.

Remember when I was saying I'm jealous of your prose? I think your poetry blows your other stuff out of the water. I'm seriously impressed.

I love the stanza:

"Death lives

not by any devil's hand

but rather as an advocate

an advocate of life."

Beautiful.
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
i really liked this poem. such great language and descriptions:)
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I enjoyed the loose surrealistic creative zen-vibe of this; it made it a real treat to read. It’s abstract, therefore somewhat hard to review, but I enjoyed the imagery and emotion of it. Nice job, keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.
Isca chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
"Souls sparked by supernovas." The celestial imagery here is truly captivating - the sheer idea that a soul is 'created' through such a spark is brilliant.

"We are seraphim angels ablaze." I adore this line. You took the meaning of the word 'seraphim' (i.e. 'burning ones') and made it your own here.

"Hair twined with nebulae." Good God. All of this 'space' imagery is mind-blowing.

"And by time, endless time." This entire stanza is one of my favourites - it's deeply moving. The tone of this line, however, is particularly wise and striking.

I like the line repetition in this poem - it ties the piece together. I also enjoyed the subtle rhyming in this poem (e.g. dynasties/verity and place/ablaze).

Keep up the great work. Good luck in the WCC this month.

(TRG-POEMS-EF)
deefective chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I absolutely adored the imagery in this piece. It was just amazingly written and so striking. I could see the scene so clearly in my head. Not to mention the fact that this read out loud quite beautifully. I'm iffy about the title though, I don't think it fits with the tone of this piece, quite the opposite actually. It seems too...simple, almost. But other than that, nicely done.