Reviews for From Paris With Love
Ibbit chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
you shared the slang it was frightening. Not cause of the words but cause all the slang came in one short period of time. I understand why, yeah, it was just shocking. Anyways, good one-shot. Cute and stuff but too short :[ (just cause I wanted it to go on, not because it ended abruptly or anything) ugh. Although I had to read your definition of the slang words multiple times, I love the fact that you gave Kyne his own voice. Can't say his name, but I like that also. Luck with life and writings and etc.
ibbit
Joanna chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
i like it good keep it up
Caseus chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Me liked. Very much. Ah, gay guys, what would we do without them? It was only better that Kyne was British. M

Going to my c2 and faves! Thanks for such a lovely reading :)
Mercedes Woods chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
"God is watching us here."

Love it.

This was really funny, well-written, and I love the characters. Kyne is great, even though he's an asshole. He's outspoken and gets right to the point, which is refreshing. Most slash stories these days take chapters to even say that the characters are gay, and hello - we already know that they are, right? It says so in the summary. So there's no point in beating around the bush. You didn't in this story, though, which is great.

I like that you showed everything, wrote it all out in scene, with realistic dialogue. I don't think Kyne's speech worked well, though. I think that Kyne's slang felt a little forced. I felt like the story was really trying to make sure that we knew he was English, and it's a good tool to use dialogue, but not with every line and, even in some sentences, every other word. In everyday speech, no matter where a person is, I don't think that people speak with as much slang as Kyne does. It was a little distracting for me, personally.

I also didn't like the ending. It wasn't realistic. I think it would've worked a lot better if the narrator had been disillusioned about his romance in Paris, that Kyne had been a total asshole about it and left without a note. It would've worked better if the "5 Years Later" had been five minutes later, and they'd had a fight or a discussion or something to really resolve the issue.

Overall, though, I liked it.