Reviews for The Memoirs of Jacob Derrar
zagato chapter 20 . 12/5/2018
This is so beautiful and lovely. Thank you!
Millie1235 chapter 20 . 11/8/2009
I just love your stories... Your plots are just amazing!

Keep up the good work!
Icyfire4w5 chapter 20 . 10/28/2009
Jacob has experienced so many ups and downs, so yup, he deserves to enjoy peace and happiness for the rest of his life.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 14 . 10/28/2009
I've wiki-ed "Lord Byron" not too long ago, and I'm still swooning over him. Um, but I don't really approve of his lifestyle.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 10 . 10/28/2009
I love Jacob. He's a genius, yet he isn't so annoyingly perfect that I'll accuse him of being a Marty Stu. Great characterization.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 9 . 10/28/2009
I wonder why you've chosen "The World Entire" instead of "The Entire World". Is there a typo?
Icyfire4w5 chapter 7 . 10/28/2009
OMG! Isn't Lim my surname?

I might be wrong, but maybe Lim has been teaching Jacob Hokkien. Firstly, "Lin" is pronounced as "Lim" in Hokkien. Secondly, Mandarin is supposedly the standard form of Chinese that everyone should speak. However, not all Chinese speak Mandarin. (Long, complicated story...)
Icyfire4w5 chapter 5 . 10/28/2009
I feel sad that Emma has suffered so much, but I'm glad that Jacob is so brave. He's much younger and much lower in status than Mr. Jenkyns, yet he's much more righteous.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 2 . 10/28/2009
Oh dear, Madam Celeste is such a terrifying tigress. Fortunately, Jacob has already run away.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Um, I usually think of Cinderella whenever I see "rags to riches". :)

(Argh, maybe I should stop procrastinating and start reading "The Duke of Mount Deer". It's a "rags to riches" story too. The Main Character is a prostitute's son, who later befriends the emperor.)
limbolical chapter 20 . 10/24/2009
Thank you for such a wonderful story! I'm going to miss seeing these alerts in my inbox.
Samurai1988 chapter 20 . 10/24/2009
Very good. A great story, told very well. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Michael Howard chapter 15 . 10/20/2009
A chapter set in Russia in 1812 and no mention of Napoleon's invasion? That certainly took me by surprise. And I would really like to see Jacob, well actually the narrative, linger over a few of these facinating locations he visits. What is he getting out of his wanderings other than new languages?
Michael Howard chapter 14 . 10/20/2009
I enjoyed the interactions between Jacob and Byron (another historical mystery solved!) but hope that our adventurous young man isn't giving up on his dream of a life with Athina. You can't be a real hero without determination and resolve, right?
Samurai1988 chapter 15 . 10/20/2009
Short, sweet and to the point. Very gripping. I can't wait to see where he winds up next.
34 | Page 1 .. Last Next »