Reviews for Week Without Blood
oddkitty chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
It's a novel (lol) idea. I am myself from Australia, but have never been to Victoria, so can't really comment on the accuracy of the descriptions - or the football teams, but I think it's actually Collingwood, not Collingswood. Also, Gum trees are another name for eucalypts.

Lol, I was waiting for the cringey moment where I could say "you've never been there!" but it never really happened - unless you count the koala. Most Australian's only see koala's at the zoo. I live in regional Queensland on a small acreage and the most we see are wallabies, betongs, snakes, frogs (and yes) spiders, possums and the occasional dead echidna on the side of the road. Goanna's aren't a common sight, but every now and then you might spot one. Bearded dragons are way more common.

Have you been to Australia before? Though I've lived here all my life, I've never really travelled outside of Queensland except for when I visited cousins in Western Australia and the couple of times I've been overseas. It's amazing how that works, sometimes. You might travel the world but never venture outside the state you were born in:P

I'd like to read more if you plan on updating it. I like the concept and it's certainly a different approach to a genre that's so mired in cliche.
Specificity chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
Oh, my.

Oh, my, indeed.

I read this a couple years ago, and fell in love with it. And then I just stumbled across this again just now, and felt the compulsion to read it a third time through. And it's still as amazing as the first time. You have this way of capturing thoughts, images, so clear and pure and innocent, that leaves me wanting more, more, more. It's real and it's not at the same time. I love it. I absolutely love it.

There's a bitter-sweet irony in that Darryl and Sam both dance around the unknown, that each wants, but constantly looks for reasons not to have. It hurts to read that, but it's so painful that you have to keep reading to find out how it's resolved. You have a way of arresting reality within your fiction, creating a lake where the water is both stagnant and moving at the same time.

I know it's been three years since you last updated, but would you consider coming back and looking at this again? I hate to think that this story would go unresolved, without a proper ending, or any kind of ending at that.

Thanks for the read,

- A.
cwrites4fun chapter 3 . 3/12/2012
What a different twist on vampires! I'm liking it a lot so I hope you keep writing it. Please?
Valylene chapter 3 . 10/8/2011
I really appreciate this story for several reasons.

I love how you very clearly detail how Simon and Darryl aren't the typical pair, or the typical vampire story. I really appreciate that right off the bat.

I also like how neither of them really know what's happening to each other, and how they both skirt around the issue and address it at the same time. It's rather genius, I must say.

Good job.

I hope to see an update soon!

Thanks for the read.
D.H. L'Orange chapter 3 . 9/4/2011
interesting read so far... it'd be super nice of you to add a chapter or two to finish this story off :D
HelloBilby chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
I like this twist you put on the vampire genre. the realism of it, with the fact that, in real life, NO ONE ACTUALLY WANTS TO BE BITTEN, by anything.

So I'm doubting this stories ever going to get finished - since the last time you updated was 2 years ago - but I would really like to see the end of this story.
Raebie chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Aw, I like this! It's very well written, and the character interaction is so real.

I like your writing style in this. How you don't say 'his tongue swiped across his teeth' for example. It makes it feel more... In the moment, I think.

Well done! I'm gonna go read more now.
impressed chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
Hey, I don't know if you're going to keep going with this, but I just wanted to say how incredibly beautiful it was. Really well written, with a great twist on the stereotypes. I'm pretty seriously impressed. I myself am an Aussie (kind of: Citizenship as of last year), and it's really great to see some writing out there that doesn't fall into the horror of typical American high school. As for writing the next great Australian novel, while this may not be it (too much vampire?) this is certainly an example of some of the best writing here on fictionpress. I'd really appreciate it if you kept going with this (or just kept writing... whatever works).
thistlepaws chapter 3 . 9/28/2010
This is such an original story and I really like your characters. Hope you're planning on continuing this. Pretty please?
lijuan chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
hi !

naraka chapter 3 . 5/31/2010
wow this story was so damn original, I loved it, you changed all the concepts about vampires to create your own type of vampire which has huge teeth and no thirst for human blood, not to mention he puts the blood in a glass :P

it was good to see this pair and how darryl wants to have some close contact with other people but is afraid because of his nature. another part I wuved a lot was the fact that they lived in the middle of the nature

something is doomed to happen between them!

please update soon!
yuanyuan chapter 1 . 5/27/2010

welcome to our website is :
Annie chapter 3 . 4/24/2010
Oh my god! Please continue! This is lovely and amazing and I really want to see their relationship progress. I can see it hasn't been updated it a while... but please! Please please! Continue writing
BlueMoonlily chapter 3 . 3/30/2010
hey i love your story so far :) i noticed that you havent updated for a while though...i hope you do soon cause i like it and i hope nothing bad has happened to you either cause that would be bad T_T lol anyway love your story :D i hope you continue it!
Blaze Moonlight chapter 3 . 12/7/2009
Amazing. Just pure 'made of awesome' through and through. You're characters are so charming and their reactions are so human and amazing. The situation is so brilliantly crafted and the plot is just captivating. I swear I'm not usually this ineloquently fangirly but this story has me hooked. You create a sense of drama without becoming over the top and without your characters resorting to extreme actions. I can't wait to read more.
44 | Page 1 .. Last Next »