Reviews for Week Without Blood
thecakethief chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
When Darryl's teeth broke through his chin I yelled "Oh shit fuck jesus!"

Anyway, wow, this is amazing! I love how there's not too much emphasis on the whole 'OMGHEZVAMPYUR' and the setting is beautiful, plus it's cute how Darryl is all pouty about Simon leaving. Update ASAP mate! I'm counting on you!
Tinyyellowboxes chapter 3 . 11/26/2009
_ this is such a fantastic story. I love the dynamic of Darryl and Simon. They seem so real. So thanks for the update. I hope there is more soon.
Vera Dicere chapter 3 . 11/21/2009
i'm not sure i can adequately express how much i love this story. it's just a refreshing approach to such a cliched topic. i love the reality of it and the almost meta aspect of simon's thoughts about how things would happen if he were in novel and the contrast with his own reality. also, their almost sexual/romantic tension...darryl and simon just have such an endearing relationship.

definitely looking forward to more, whenever that may be :)
mon seulemont chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Love

Your writing style! Can't wait for your next update. This is a truly original story.
andokunhiro chapter 3 . 11/20/2009
Ah you've still got it ]

I'm digging this so very much. I got so overjoyed at seeing there was a new chapter up!

I'm really glad you're distancing yourself from completely traditional vampire mythology, none of the glamourous lusty blood drinking business.

Looking forward to more! :x
bronsautracks chapter 3 . 11/19/2009
yay for new chapter :D

and omygooness simon awkward. way to bleed on someone. ick.
Sure Things Falling chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
Haha... You actually portrayed Australia kind of correctly. That's a good thing, seriously... Though I'm from the city, so my knowledge of the Australian outback is probably about as limited as your American knowledge. Though I do know Aussie slang, thats always a good start.

O! can you tell me what the phrase "chuck a yewie" means? I asked one of my Americna friends that and they looked at me funny. Good times. your story rules, would love to read more.
Seshirya chapter 2 . 11/5/2009
Aw...they're so fun skirting around eachother like this. You have a nice writing style and a unique view on vampires like it! Can't wait for the next chapter
Hopes chapter 2 . 10/23/2009
I find this interesting, and I look forward to reading more. :)
Iscatian chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Fiction Press CUT MY REVIEW! Grr. I HATE IT when this happens to me. :[ I'll just give you the rest of my, obviously, too long rant.

'I'm a bit confused whether this is going to be a romance story or not, since the categories says not, but Simon's behaviour says "Yes, YES, YES!"... :/ Oh, and about that, I was in raptures reading the whole last part of this chapter, and when Simon said "Are you flir-", I went "AW!".' (and here FP mercilessly chopped it off, not a lot, but still) '
Iscatian chapter 2 . 9/13/2009
I. Am. In. AWE. This story is SO GOOD. Ah. *does silly dance of happiness*

I love how beautifully you describe the Australian landscape, with the wide red plains and the solitude, and just, everything. I've always been completely sure that if it's one country I will NEVER visit, it's Australia, because I have a serious fear of bugs, especially beetles, and you do seem to have a certain reputation of having those in abundance. But now, I think it could be worth it.

Another ABSOLUTELY AWESOME thing with this story is the unique take on the vampirism issue. I was a bit afraid first that the plot would go all cliché and Darryl would be inexplicably drawn to Simon and his blood, and yeah. The usual stuff. Instead he drinks from sheep. Yay. :D I especially liked when Darryl thought back on how he went in and asked Simon for help, and realised that he would never desire his blood. That rocked my socks. And Simon's questions, they're HILARIOUS. His reactions too. It was really nice how he could just basically accept Darryl's "problem", and then even go and be concerned and all mother-hen-y! I love Simon. :3

It's fascinating that in between their heart warmingly funny conversations you manage to fit in melancholy and endlessly sad emotions, such as Darryl's unconcious (?) desire for touch, and Simon's indecisiveness of how to deal with that, and how neither of them don't really want the to leave the other, but that still the unavoidable end is rapidly approaching. The scene with how they "hugged" with their backs was moving, and somewhere (can't remember the exact place) you had this really interesting part with how Darryl is afraid of becoming too personal, and doesn't say what he really wants too, and it just fits SO WELL with the picture you've painted of him.

andokunhiro chapter 2 . 9/12/2009
Wow, I'm really, realy liking this story. The way it's written has something of a dreamy feel to it, which I really appreciate in writing. Anyway, I'm looking forward to more where this came from! :D
emo-spork-of-doom chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
i love how you write.:) it's very...poetic? hurry with the next chap.
Choice chapter 2 . 8/26/2009
Again, I love your writing style.

It's a bit rough here and there, but the story, as a whole, is great.

I still don't understand their (Simon and Darryl's) history, but I guess we'll all find out in time, yeah? (:

Update soon, please!
Choice chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Love it; love the style of writing you use. It reminds me of Quinntissential. :P
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »