Reviews for Rosen
in theory chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Wow I can't evin begin to put into words how much this spoke to me, instant fave list!

The language is just so sumptuous. This one needs re-reading, over and over.
StarlightWish17 chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
I love this one. It's just so powerful. You're words are so beautiful. I can't believe how awesome you are! I really love reading your work, I'm always blown away. I loved it beginning to end. I love the part with the piano. I don't know why. It's just so awesome sounding. :D And the very last line of course haha. I hope you never stop writing. You're stuff is great. :]
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
The portrayal of intense emotion, possibly love, as a symphony and a beatific, heart-grasping piano melody and a dance- all these are wondrous metaphors but at the same time the speaker underlines the pettiness, humbles her/himself as a petty existence in the world' labyrinth. Ah, the ending was my favorite, quite stunning.
Isca chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
"Digest the bleach." I like this line. It's almost as if the speaker is saying, "Come die with me."

"There is juat something about him." Good. I like that people possess ineffable qualities. :)

"In the labyrinth of his finger's waltz." This ending is very lovely and powerful.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
wow, you have a great sense of beautiful language.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I really liked the piece because the images and descriptions were so great. They were unique and really powerful with great word choices.

Two things:

"scarlet lips drip malice,"... scarlet lips is kind of cliched, which in a piece which such creative imagery seemed odd.

Also, you call the person he and then you switch to your name and then back to he. That confused me.

Anyway, other that me nitpicking it was amazing.

PS If you're bored check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (links in my profile).
Keree chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
That is so deep and very conforting. I like it.
SpottedStar chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
This poem was quite intriguing. I wasn't quite sure of it's meaning even after I reread it a few times. But I believe the best poetry is not understood. Good job. :)
Doc Blood chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I clearly understood the general flow and meaning of this excellent poem, but some of the references must be quite personal to you as they escaped me. Diamond perfume? Name on ceiling being an oxymoron he is very confusing or containing polar opposites? Or two people at keyboard are polar opposites? The feelings came through loud and clear. Definitely keep writing. (You might have to use end notes so old codgers comprehend the whole meaning, though)

Peace, Doc
Dramatic Irony chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I like the imagery and wording. Good vocabulary. The verses are descriptive, yet enigmatic enough that it could be describing several different things. Good job.