Reviews for Say It With A Card
Miss Pookie Fethers chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Awwwwww, that was so sweet! *o* Loving these romance fics of yours! :D
P.S. I knew that card would be for her in the end, heeheehee. XD
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
AH! That ending was touching! I knew it was coming, but still!
Julietish chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Hi! It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo. When your story was featured on ADoR, a judge wrote this review for it: Before you go thinking, "Ugh, another Valentine's Day story," stop. It's not. Well, it is, but it's a very good one. It's pretty cliche, but cliches are good, especially here on ADoR.

It's about Taylor, who works in a card store, surrounded by romantic cards and stuffed animals. Her crush, Martin, comes in, looking for a card he can give to the girl he likes. Taylor helps him out, though her heart is breaking as she does. Martin asks for suggestions and Taylor tells him that everything she would have chosen, she already owns, except for one card, which, of course, he buys for his girl.

Say It With a Card is a cute, thoughtful read that, though the idea is pretty cliche, is very original and good. The characters were very likable. Usually, in one-shots, the characters are odd and outlandish, which is sometimes the only good quality about the story. In this one, however, Taylor and Martin are both very realistic and just normal. You can tell that Taylor is romantic and quiet, and I think that's something many of us can relate to. Martin is the silent, broody type; you get the feeling that he doesn't like to show his emotions. The dialogue contained phrases people would actually say. It's only about 2,400 words which is the perfect length to tell the story. The author seemed to have put a lot of effort and thought into it, although she's posted 150 works on the site, which is just insane and wonderful to me. Even though it's definitely not Valentine's Day, you should certainly read Say It With a Card right now.
CB chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
Well. Can't say it was unexpected, but you wrote it in such a romantic and sincere way that instead of being sappy or excessively mushy it's just wonderful.
Thank you!
Incendiary chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
I read this because a friend printed it and brought it to school. I was bored and asked her if I could read it. :D She let me read it, but, mind you, she never claimed it as hers. :3

This is beautiful.

Sincerely,
Miss Blue
DragonOwl chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
I love this oneshot! It's beautifully romantic but not too mushy - it's one of those stories which can be relied on to leave me smiling!
APassionForReadingAndWriting chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Aw, I love this oneshot :). Great job!
Princess Wanderer chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
I kinda wanna know what happens next
Belly boo1099 chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Omg this utterly adorable! Loved it!
shortwinters219 chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
very cute :)
KungFuCoffee chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
When I read this, I swear, I started fangirling. This is an amazing story! Martin sounds reaaallly sexy ;) Taylor's lucky. This is absolutely amazing.
AFractionOfMySoul chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
This was elegant without being stiff, and romantic without being mushy. I loved it, and I think you ended it at just the right place. very cute:3
neeavila chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Simply breathtaking and romantic. Thank you for sharing this story to us. I'm positive that thousands of readers - including me - just had their hearts melted after reading this beautiful piece.
Ceskasi chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
One of the most romantic stories I have ever read that left me smiling like a fool.
n7shoujo chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
A very cute, sweet piece.

Thank you for writing.