Reviews for Say It With A Card
CassandraStacy chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Oh goodness, this was so sweet! I mean, I knew the ending from the very beginning, but that made it even better! Thank you so much for sharing this story with everybody.

Cassandra
entity.unkown chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
i liked the words in the cards and the story
angelbymistake chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
aww that is just so cute! : D i like it.
Hopelessly Cliche chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
Well that was just so darn cute! I love where you ended it off. Great story! )

Hope

xx
yarrowicefrost chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
This was immensely cute, but not so much in a cliche way which gets bothersome...The card was melt-worthy. I liked how she didn't want a typically mushy one and chose that one. I really liked all of this story, except maybe you should have explained the reasons Taylor liked Martin as well as it was rather vague. But then again, it IS a one-shot.

Cheers! [
x3life chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
aw, this was so cute! i loved it )
Angel chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
I loved it. A tad cliche and a bit too cute, but I still loved it.

Except I think you should change one teensy bit.

You mentioned that Martin gave her a two-fingered salute.

Can you change that to a peace sign or something? Because at first I thought he was showing her the "up yours" two fingered salute, you know? Just so people don't go "what the hell?" like I did.

Because there actually ARE readers from England. It's not a myth.
SparklingStar25 chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
That was adorable!
EnchantedKorean chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Really mushy, but really cute. Nicely done!
Believe-Your-Imagination chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
that was a great story!

love it D
Franziska chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
The story is well written! I was really trembling with your protagonist, although I hoped from the beginning that she might receive the card. I’m only afraid most guys are not like this. Mir fällt als Idiom leider nur der deutsche Elefant im Porzellanladen ein!

Lg Franziska

P.S. did you ever work in a shop? I did and I hated it.
JamieBell chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I know that heart-thumping feeling. I've been getting it a lot this weekend. :) I was hoping for some sweet, genuine, meaningful fluff and-thank you!-you delivered exactly what I needed! It was simply lovely! I'd love a card like that! *sigh* Someday...
MiZZ SaHurr chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Aww, isn't that sweet? I love it:)
monotone rainbows chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Really well written story, loved it!
its.Nothing.Special chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Adorable! And very well-written. There's a maturity and flow about your words that kept me reading, even though I've grown tired of Vday fluff. Loved this line especially: [He was taking off his coat in a confused sort of way, as if his arms might get lost halfway up the sleeves.] Don't know why. I have a thing for fresh similes like that.

I like the way Martin became more and more human throughout the piece. Many stories like this leave the male lead as some uncracked mystery - but he's hot, so it's okay, right? Yours went beyond that and I'm very glad for it (though it would be nice to see the reasons why Taylor likes him...we got them from Martin, but not from her. That's why I was afraid this would turn into one of those I-don't-know-him-at-all-but-he's-hot stories. As I said, it didn't end up that way, but this is her POV...maybe a little insight into her attraction to him would strengthen the inevitable romance).

Another thing I might warn you of: make sure your dialogue doesn't get too stiff. For the most part it was spot-on, so maybe that's why this line stuck out so much. [“I’ve never thought of these places like this before,” he said. “You have a point. People’s consumer habits do reflect their personalities...I can see how working in the retail business might give you a chance to observe...] Martin seems like a really intelligent guy, but he doesn't have to talk like he's fifty. Also, saying anything like "wow, I've never thought of it like that before" always seemed a little trite to me. But whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Well, in case you couldn't tell, I enjoyed this immensely and you have a nicely developed style. Keep writing!

;)becky