Reviews for Contemplations of the Tarot
Isca chapter 9 . 6/11/2010
I like that your allusion to Sehkmet suggests that true strength is the ability to walk through "fire," live through "hell," survive all "plagues," and come out on the other side with your integrity still intact.

The glint/glitter/gold alliteration in the second and third lines was very eye-catching. I also like the "pawprints" image at the end-hinting at animal guides; how clever of how.

[This review is courtesy of 'The Review Game' thread from 'The Enlightened Mind Cafe' forum]
waitingforwhatever chapter 37 . 6/7/2010
Ah, this one is amazing-possibly my favorite so far.
waitingforwhatever chapter 33 . 6/7/2010
Aw, that's really sweet. I love this series-they're all such deep poems.
lili999 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
We are a leading company that wholesales Adidas shoes, brand shoes

,bags,caps,watches ect. such as Ipod nano, lv bags,caps,nike shoes,

air jordan series(1-22),air force1,air max series,shox series,

ape bapesta shoes,adidas shoes puma shoes etc. We have different colors,

fashionable designs for your choice. Top quality with a reasonable price,

Our product sell well all over the world,.And we also can make according

to your we accept mixed order. we also accept sample orde.

we have good relationship with many companies,we have good after sell

service and dispatching goods fast and safe,so if you are interested in it,

feel free to contact us:

web: /
simpleplan13 chapter 28 . 5/27/2010
"back in it's pocket"... its

It seemed weird to be that the title is against the odds, but the piece says against all the odds.

I did like the word looming. It was a great choice.
Isca chapter 19 . 5/25/2010
I love how specific "Timberwolf" is. That image suits this piece well. I love your connection between the Moon and the howls of wolves [which also reminds me of a myth where the moon has been separated from her lover who has manifested as a wolf on earth].
Phoebe Melinda Halliwell chapter 27 . 5/19/2010

Great description! :)
Phoebe Melinda Halliwell chapter 23 . 5/19/2010
Great description!
simpleplan13 chapter 20 . 5/14/2010
I like the first three lines. It's a really great description. The only thing is the split with the stanzas seemed a bit odd to me, right in the middle of the sentence. I do love the ending though, mainly because daisies are my favorite flowers.

PS Check out the Review Game and/or the Review Marathon (links in my profile)
simpleplan13 chapter 15 . 5/14/2010
I was a bit confused because you started with her in the first line and said your in the last one. Aren't they the same person? If no, then how do they relate?

I love the idea of purgatory being a good thing because that's a different take on it, but in comparison to hell it is definitely the better choice.
simpleplan13 chapter 14 . 5/14/2010
I love the idea of being a child with the burdens of woman hood. That was a great description. However that second to last line seemed a bit long for the rest of the lines. I did like the piece. The descriptions, especially in the beginning of the second stanza is really great. I also think the way you did that last line was really good. Separating it with italics and with the way it was written.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/14/2010
I didn't like the structure here. I thought where you split the stanza mid phrase seemed odd to me. But what really bothered me was the second stanza. The whole mist thing just doesn't seem to fit into that sentence. I think it would be better as it's own sentence of the beginning of the next one.

I did like the piece though. I think the work tramples in the first line is a really great choice and I like the similie in the second stanza. Nice job.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »