Reviews for The People Who Could Not Kill
Eye Decay chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
It was a very interesting short story, though I still have trouble grasping the concept of it. Due to their culture and beliefs, they cannot kill, but they are not against it?

Strange. It's so strange that it rather makes sense, somewhat. That's how we are as human beings, aren't we? That's how we are, but in reversed thinking. Most of us, in public opinion, are against homicide and killing and violent murder. Yet, we kill if we choose to. It's pretty ironic.

Good job.
J112011 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Nice opening, and of course the ending comes like an unexpected knockout. I'm wondering now whether in a twisted way, giving Grimes the job of the Executioner was their punishment for killing one of them. On the other hand, at least Grimes was not facing the constant threat of violent danger anymore, since presumably the executions were scheduled ahead of time and he knew when they were coming.

Nice of the captain to let Grimes stay on that planet, but he was due for retirement soon, so no big loss, right?

Interesting story. Its brevity leaves a lot to reader's imagination, which makes it even more interesting.

And now I wonder what Paradise I, II, and III look like...
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Aw.

I noticed a different tone or narrator altogether in this piece; there's actually a first person, rather than the ironic narrator who tells most of yoru stories.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
I really like the flow and narration of this piece. Very good word choice and sentence structure. Intriguing and well written. :-)

Your work is publish worthy. That amusing review you wrote must be a joke. Besides, why would you try to plagiarize an amateur writer who still needs to practice her skills? If it's because you don't like my work, it's fine. You don't have to. Nobody is forcing you to read my poor attempts at storytelling. ;D

Please follow your dreams. Don't give up in pursuing official publication. There's no need for you to plagiarize someone else (don't risk getting sued.) You're already talented. And I do mean that.
SirScott chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Sounds like an interesting place Paradise IV, especially the sharing of the women. Poor Grimes, he didn't find any peace after all.

Good story.

SirScott
Isca chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
The opening line is very intriguing. The words "especially if it works" suggests that the speaker is afraid of their conscience - they do not want to be tied-down by something so nagging and ever-present.

"Except that of Executioner?" This was an unexpected twist and I liked it - how fitting for Grimes. This line tied the piece together well.

Keep up the good work. :)
LostInMe chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
An enjoyable read! Short and sweet. The tale is told well - it kept me interested. I like the way a lot of your work contains a character telling the story of someone else rather than his own story. It's a style in which you can feel the emotion of the speaker at the same time that you learn the story of the other character. It's quite clever, actually!
Mirabella chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Oh no, poor Grimes! :(

Beautifully written, you could detect the emotion of the leader in it as he remembered Grimes. I just feel sorry for the poor man who tried to escape violence only to end in a world where he was the only man who did it!
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
This is pretty good. It reminds me of the prologue before Burrough's John Carter Mars series. I'd never expect you to write sci-fi.
Punslinger chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
The correct title is "The People Who Could Not Kill." I don't know how "Care" got in it, but I'll try to change it.

Sorry about that.