Reviews for The Artist
Ioga chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Hi again, finished a long story and needed a short one to recover. Instead, got my mind blown off. Boom. Thanks a bunch. ;)

You wanted an interpretation. My brain actually went for a very literal one: To me, Kitty is a kitten, or a metaphorical one at least (she has fingers that are moving and all, so I have to fuzz over some details to go for literal cats). The 'he' is a dark dream mass a bit like I see the characters in my Magic Are People Too, unstable and malleable by moods. He's not a god; I expect a god wouldn't despair over the difficulty of picking up a dead kitty. He does have a knack for seeing, hungering and envying life with such force that the eyes, mirror to the soul, burn him. He sees Kitty as more than a broken physical creature, he sees her as an entity of light.

The monsters, in turn, could be anything from his own sorrow washing over him to creepy crawlies of the earth that make dead bodies fall apart and break his concentration and memory (we don't know if his eye-blink is a day or a week).

Minor nitpick: Shouldn't "whiteness-that-isn't white" have a hyphen in the last space too?
ReLiC AnGeL chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
This is such amazing work. Please keep doing your best. You're really good, much better at writing then moi. But I enjoyed reading this.
Narsha chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Oh, wow. Now this is the kind of story I can really appreciate. Loved every word of it - the style, and well, everything. You have one heck of an imagination, I have to admit. I wish my stuff was even half this good.
cynicalxcindy chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
oh. my head hurts. haha that was good. i could be totally wrong but it seemed like kitty wasnt someone he knew. like i could imagine him going along and he see's this dead chick at the bottom of a pool at motel six, and she like puts a spin on his sanity cause he has like secrets that he doesnt want to face but this seems to pull him strangely into both reality and insanity. god i sound so freaking AHFSJASDFKASDF. GAHGOBBLEBOBBLE. well that's what i was imagining haha. very nice :D