Reviews for Ars Moriendi
yan-pan chapter 2 . 6/23/2011
These two are killers? They murder their fellow students and call it art? How they be so cold? Maybe that's what attracts them to each other. Hurry up and post more, because I see by the reviews there is a lot more coming!
Chancel chapter 2 . 6/22/2011
These two are going to get caught; they love their work too much not to get found out. I read parts of this story before when you posted it and am so glad it's back.

Keep up the good work and update soon!
Curlysquirt95 chapter 2 . 6/22/2011
This is an extremely well-written story. :) But the content is...creepy. Disturbing. How could someone take pride in killing another? And then call it art? I mean, I know there's psycho killers out there who think this, but wow. How could they kill 4 innocent people? How did they get the idea to do this? Have they no morals? Stassi is obviously having guilt over Christine, which is indicating something. She may start to act suspicious and people will become wary of her. They may end up getting caught, eventually. Great work so far! :)
Malice chapter 2 . 6/22/2011
Looking at the reviews for this I see that this is a second posting. I can't wait to see more chapters, because the reviews have definitely whet by interest.

Update soon. This site needs some good horror. Thanks!
Blue Ravenn chapter 2 . 6/22/2011
I'm so glad this is back! I hope it's got the same creepiness as before. Don't change that part, pleeeze. Thanks for posting again.
tickle.me.blue32 chapter 5 . 3/27/2011
This is one hell of an amazing story. I'm fascinated by your talent and just how well it flows overall. It leaves me wanting more. All I can say is that it's brilliant - to put it lightly.

Stas and Shane are siblings? Honestly, I never saw this coming. It was such an unexpected turn. I knew they were a team, but I had no idea that it was like THAT. It blew my mind! In the good kind of way, of course. It just made the story sound even better! I can't wait to learn more about their history, their past, their childhood, what made them start killing people for fun and everything... this is so original, I really can't wait to read more! And the new guy? He definitely has a big role in this story, doesn't he? At least that's what I think. Anyway, I read this in one sitting and I'm so sad now that I've finished ;). You've done a great job with it! Bravo :)
Original Blu chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
This story is so dark and sensual...

Great chapter, as usual.
StoryMonster chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Whooa, you certainly have a penchant for this sort of writing.

It was brilliantly executed, and brought goosebumps to my skin.

Awesome.
Blue Ravenn chapter 5 . 11/20/2010
Strange dream Stas had. Seeing yourself in a dream usually means you're gonna die, and looks like she saw herself hanging. I'd be creeped out but she kinda liked it, so it seemed.

Update soon please. Love your story!
Jordan Baines chapter 5 . 11/20/2010
Hey, an update! Uh, got a bad feeling for poor Travis. So how do they arrive at this list? Might be a challenge for Shane if Travis is a big guy.

Please update soon. This year? Thanks!
ByYourSide chapter 2 . 9/9/2010
Your main character is very, very twisted. I'm glad your chapter 0 connected this chapter - sometimes prologues are completely out of left field and the subsequent story is disappointing. But this was nothing if not extraordinarily intriguing. It gripped my attention.
ByYourSide chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
That was an extremely powerful opener. That may be one of the best and most interesting first chapters that I've ever read-I'm not quite sure what the story is about, and the whole time I read it I was in disbelief. Are they really killing the girl? Are they really taking a picture of her? Is this really happening? I love the description of the narrator's hair floating up in the wind, and I adore the characterization too. Very powerful. Extraordinarily well-written and original. Can't wait to see where this goes. :)
A Kiss in the Dreamhouse chapter 4 . 9/7/2010
Great chapter - I didn't realise you just updated last week!

Lots of easy-to-read dialogue. We get insight into Stas' family, they seem really cold. And I feel that totally adds to the overall atmosphere of the story.

Wondering about the piano! Update soon
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Alright. Here's my review, as advertised. I try to keep things in numbered sections for convenience.

1) I don't know if this is what you were going for, but the piece has sort of a distinctive anime feel. I wasn't quite able to pin this down until the bit about the shoes.

2) Good opening line. Generally, the best thing you can do with the intro to a story is to get your audience asking questions. Even if the question's only "what happens next?", an audience that's actively participating in your story will suspend a lot more disbelief than one that isn't.

3) "Art was ageless." You do creepy really well. The psychosis of the main characters establishes itself quickly, and this gives you plenty of time to work with it. However, in my case, I've always found that simply having a crazy character doesn't provide you with enough material to develop a longer story. If you want to evolve this from a one-shot, think about the kinds of conflicts an artistic team of killers might encounter. Maybe there's some inaccessible person whose death would be more 'beautiful' than most, or maybe one of them has a personal passion aside from the killing and their relationship that could create friction. You can get some pretty bizarre/macabre plotlines out of playing the "what if one of them wants to be a world-famous X" game. Barber, chef, dancer, sculptor, etc. Possibly the most unsettling thing I can think of to do with this story is to have one of your killers develop a crush on someone outside of their relationship and try to win over him or her. That would kinda slam together the themes that were floating around in this chapter (power, art, volition, innocence, bloodlust.)

-sc
Breathing Ice chapter 4 . 9/2/2010
Very interesting story. I've just read the four chapters and I can't wait for the next one.

But the last chapter confused me. It clearly says in the description that luckily for Stassi her boyfriend shares her obsession. And you can tell there is romance between them, the way she acts around him..and he kisses her. I'm confused. Is he her stepbrother? And that's why they have to keep their relationship a secret?

Great story. Update soon :)
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »