Reviews for Thoughtless
ThereAfter chapter 28 . 6/24/2011
Yay! I'm so happy for you. :) I'm sure it's awesome to be able to hold your book in your hands. I'm definitely going to buy a copy for myself.

And read Effortless... I feel like such a failure when it comes to keeping up with your stories. I swear I'll get on that (right after I finish rereading all the Harry Potter's in preparation for the final movie).

Congrats again!
FanFreakingTastic chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I've just finished the first chapter of your story (a litte late, I know) and I love it.

You make writing fantastic literature seem easy, with the way the words just kind of flow into paragraphs. And you explain things very well too, getting in all of the important details without lingering on one subject for too long. And I'm really excited to see how Kiera and Kellan's relationship developes. It's going to be hard for her to resist a rocker with a gorgeous bod', even with somebody like Denny as a boyfriend.

Anyway, I've praised enough, so I think I'll go back to reading now. :)
Shriken chapter 27 . 6/20/2011
Haha, sorry for my previous review. I guess I just didn't like the constant push and pulling of the characters. Plus, I really side with Denny on this. If he'd never left for this job, none of this would have happened. That's how fickle I see the girl to be. It was a new relationship, and it gets into trouble because her boyfriend leaves for two months. She immediately starts getting the hots for the Adonis-looking roommate who's acts nice around her. And all the sexual tension just goes to a head when her bf gives her the news that he's going to stay longer.

I doesn't really seem like her and Adonis were fated to be together no matter what. If Denny had never left, she would have continued on with her blissfully peaceful college life.
Shriken chapter 22 . 6/20/2011
I guess I have a natural love for the underdog, but really, in this story, hasn't Denny been much too abused. And he's such a wonderful guy as well. Admittedly, what started all this was his high-handed way of making the decision to stay for two years in some other state without even consulting his girlfriend. But most of despicable behavior came from the girlfriend. I do not sympathize with her at all. I believe leading a person on for such an extended period of time, cuckolding him in his own house, while he's in the same room no less, after all he has shown is loving behavior, makes her the lowest of human beings. Leading Kellan on as well, they way she did, was also despicable behavior. In fact, I find nothing truly admirable about her.

She couldn't make up her mind, something a lot of people are afflicted with. But she tried to escape making a decision by doing something worse than making no moves at all, choosing to deliberately lead both men on. I don't believe in excuses like love stopping her from thinking straight. How old is she anyway? She is a fool. In fact, all of them are fools. Both Denny and Kellan are fools for even liking her so much.
Shriken chapter 20 . 6/20/2011
I am really starting to abhor both these characters. I hope the ending is better for Denny than what I'm expecting.
Taciturne chapter 28 . 6/19/2011
Congratulations! This is inspirational, and this story deserves to be in print. Hopefully another one will soon follow. :)
Lucy Freebird chapter 26 . 6/18/2011
So I spent two days, constantly reading chapter after chapter. It was mesmerizing. There's only word would I can find to describe this story in a whole and it's "beautiful". I'm about to move on to your other stories now and I can't wait to see what else you got in store.
M.Bianca chapter 28 . 6/18/2011
well... if you want to sell it, I suggest taking a few chapters off of fictionpress. someone who has read the whole thing online won't buy the paperback version. just sayin'
skdjf chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
YOU ARE THE MOST UNDERRATED AUTHOR EVER!

i swear.

you're stories are so good. your writing is sooooo good. i cant believe that there is only 300 revieews. Much better than some other stories that has 700 or a thousand. And believe me, cause i am one picky reader.

I've read this before and stumbled upon this again. It got me hooked again. THis is so awesomely good. I SWEAR TO GOD.
Pumpkin.-.-.Kween chapter 27 . 6/16/2011
Great story. Very real. From small details you describe, it made me wonder if you've (author) have been in a similar situation before. Or atleast a situation where you were betraying someone you care about.

It's definately a story that you can read again and again.

I agree with some of the readers when they said that Kiera is irritating etc but at the same time, the title of the story IS "Thoughtless" right? Like it or not, people aren't perfect and I appreciate the faults this character has.

I am a little tired of the virginal female (even though shes not a virgin, she IS innocent and only has been with those 2 men), meets the badboy stories but I like that she has flaws because a lot of the time, authors write the female lead to be perfect so that the reader can connect to them but if you give the character flaws and the reader STILL connects to the character, you must be doing something right.

SPOILER** I know a lot of readers didn't like Kiera, but you also have to think of it from her point of view, if you had self esteem issues and were with a really good guy who made you feel secure but meet another guy who you have crazy chemistry with but he's pretty much the worst case scenario boyfriendwise... extremely large sexual past, childhood trauma that has prevented him to love or be loved by another human being, seeks love via sex with random girls, has hooked up with almost all of your co-workers, being with him could ruin the friendship he has with your boyfriend... I you were in the same situation, you probably wouldn't pick Kellan. You'd be choosing between two great guys... one who a relationship would be easy with and the other who would have many complications but also, lots of chemistry. I think inexperienced girls would say choose chemistry, but someone who's older and more experienced would know that in reality, the chemistry relationships burn bright but burn out fast as well and the relationships that are loving, supportive and stable are harder to find. Not to say I'd have chosen Denny, but I would have had a serious conversation with Kellan when I knew I had feelings for him. When I knew that I'd have to choose.
getoverforever chapter 26 . 6/11/2011
You had me hooked on this story from the very first chapter, maybe even the first sentence. I fell in love with the mystery that surrounded Kellan and what/who made him the way he is today, and I don't know if there is a more perfectly flawed male out there better or hotter than Kellan (I'm definitely jealous that Kiera gets to share the same bed as him). Can't wait to read Effortless; which I know will be as good as Thoughtless.
Taciturne chapter 27 . 6/5/2011
I remember reading this my first semester of college/uni and being totally in a trance. I spent all of my time reading it on FeedBooks (I like reading original intentions) from my iTouch that I completely ignored my studies for about two or three days. Late at night, I'd read until I couldn't see the words without squinting. This is just one of those stories where the angst is just so addictive. I swear, you and craziebabe45 are masters in the tragic genre. My heart just plummets whenever I come across an obstruction of the golden couple. Preeeetty sure I cried a few times reading this, and I'm not afraid of admitting it.

As with other reviewers, I have read this again, and I have to agree that it's still good the second time around. (Which is saying a lot for me, as I rarely read things over again.) Your stories beat out most of the stuff that's published on my bookshelf, though.

I also see that some people don't particularly favour Kiera's character. Suprisingly, I didn't feel any resentment toward her even once. Perhaps because I've come across this situation before, personally and through others. I also understand that other readers stand on a different side of the fence. Yes, cheating and affairs is wrong. Temptation is tantalizing and is almost never true love. This was a good presentation of the hope that lies in tragedy. A heart torn in two, but offered a different love to different people. The alternate ending would be the stark contrast of that hope, but offers something of a "life will go on" and "closure is sought" kind of feel to it. Overall, I think the fact that there is so much to have indifference toward makes this story that much real. I wouldn't take back a single word I read of it, and hopefully it'll be there in the future for a third read.

-Taciturne
YOUNG-the wild. free. in love chapter 22 . 6/3/2011
So I'm re reading this story again.

Kellan was sitting on the edge of the bed, away from the door with his back to me, when I quietly entered his room. He was still dressed and he was looking at something intently in his hand. He was lost in thought, and didn't hear me approach him.

He startled and clenched his hand, hiding whatever he had been looking at. He turned to look at me, and at the same time, shoved his hand under the mattress.

I was just wondering what he was holding?
Islaa chapter 27 . 5/24/2011
After Effortless finished i felt compelled to read Thoughtless again. Despite a legal essay urgently needing to be written, i spent the whole day finishing reading Thoughtless, and goodness me it's still as good as the first time i read it! If and when you get this published and put onto shelves, i will be the first one to buy a copy :) and in regards to the ending of Effortless and a possible third story: OMG YES PLEASEEEE! i am sure thoughts of Kellan Kyle will be plaguing my mind this week haha.
lovejim4ever chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
When I reread Thoughtless I kept thinking don't worry Kellan you'll get your happy ending and get the girl.
383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »