Reviews for Like an Anime Character
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
The anime character simile was very original, I must say, and helped to put a smile on my otherwise melancholy face. The description of the boy 'writing his own history across her bones' is really striking. Not really erotic, rather disgusting which feels authentic, given the sentiments of the speaker. The no secret repetitions were just lovely and the ending line was quite the whirlwind of emotions, hands down. The theme is very easy to relate to, I should think.
Isca chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
"Her eyes jut out wide as ripe apples on the branch." I really like the nature imagery here - it's very crisp and bright.

"Wrote his own history across her bones with his tongue." I love this line. The idea of creating a historical moment through an act of intimacy is just brilliant and creative. Wow. :)

"She just turns her eyebrows into corkscrews." OH. MY. GOD. This is the best line from the poem. I know that it adds to the 'anime' them well, but from a 'morbid' kind of POV, I have to say that this line is very striking and intriguing.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Wow, that was well written there. I love the imagery and word choice. The pacing and flow was well done.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
You have beautiful descriptions.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
I like it, I do. Very strong imagery throughout - I can see and feel and hear the entire thing. I like comparing someone's voice to the sound of leaves crunching under feet. That is so cool. And oh God, the hand drowning beside the telephone . . . Wow. Nicely done, as always. Keep writing! :)
Ayx chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
I giggled while reading this.

I'm sure I wasn't suppose to

but I did find myself giggling none the less.

I enjoyed reading.

Ayx
in theory chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Wow, only you could use "uggs" in a poem! I love how you depict responsibilities as freckles, usually they can be so leaden and heavy but you lift the idea. Bring it into a softer, less important but still noticable thing.

"She just turns her eyebrows into corkscrews" being a bartender and an eyebrow acrobat this is a really funny way of thinking about them. It completes the image of her cartoonish face, too.

Anime always confused me, but then it's like every element of reality not only over-dramatised but also under-described. There is a limited styling in it; no softness, no delicacy. It all feels bright and garish, like the girl in this.

I have missed blurting out with you! I am on facebook if you use it, /jack. :-)
MusicBender chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Usually I hate poetry. But I like this.

Ana
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
I like the bitterness in this one. The fact that you compare to her a style of drawing makes me think that you see this person as sort of a parody, almost something less than human. The description also makes her sound pretty in a conventional sense, but it's equally obvious that she's shallow and her features are more irritating than alluring.

Sidebar; I always thought that if an anime character ever came to life they'd probably look a lot like Michael Jackson did.

Peace, Daze