Reviews for Undertow
SuzyJane chapter 10 . 2/24/2010
they're simply wonderful... :)
SaphireTsukikage chapter 10 . 8/19/2009
i usually don't like haikus but yours are really good.
Louis Denair chapter 10 . 8/17/2009
I like the contradiction between poised, aristocratic and the screaming along. It shows that even the most restrained, intelligent and diligent beings are susceptible to the passions of life and/or, ultimately, death. I enjoyed this collection of haikus very much. Haikus are elegant and help you to develop a concise and focused style. Funny that whenever I see a collection, it's usually ten pieces. Perhaps it's the old humane symmetric drive revealing itself.
Louis Denair chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
Fly into my chest- what a wondrously erotic and romantic expression!
Louis Denair chapter 7 . 8/17/2009
Ah, that is quite the classical haiku. Human being lost in the grand and infinite or near-infinite expanse of existence. Operose, diligent, toiling to make a change, to disrupt the darkness that surrounds him- but too often he or she remains just that, a leaf. Inspiring.
Louis Denair chapter 6 . 8/17/2009
Sempiternally is a pretty good word to use, something to make you wonder. Lots of interesting vocabulary in this collection. I like the notion here- an individual has the power to mark the world it treads forever, to influence the environment, to eternize his existence through that golden footstep on the sandy expanse of life.
Louis Denair chapter 4 . 8/17/2009
That's interesting. Heartlessness leaves you barren, empty, something missing from the whole- the whole machinery collapses. The metaphorical implications of these are pretty deep. Eviscerated is a power word if I've ever seen one.
Louis Denair chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
The bubble bath metaphor was pretty amusing and light-hearted. Put a smile on my face.
StarlightWish17 chapter 10 . 8/16/2009
I love it. All of it! I wanna read it all over again! Your so talented! :D
StarlightWish17 chapter 9 . 8/16/2009
:]

This one makes me smile. Not in like a 'hah hah' funny kind of way but like a... I dunno... happy/calm way? If that makes sense. I dunno. But it made me feel all warm inside. :D Sorry if that's not what you intended. O_o But I just think that it was a very pretty piece.

Like the rest!
StarlightWish17 chapter 8 . 8/16/2009
Aw. Come back bud! D:

Lol sorry. ;

I thought that this was really pretty too though. Gah. The whole thing is! Your such an awesome writer.
StarlightWish17 chapter 6 . 8/16/2009
Wow. That's so pretty. I keep reading it over and over again, lol.
StarlightWish17 chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I had to look up the word frigorific. Haha. I feel lame. xD

But now that I know what it means, I find that I really like that word.
Isca chapter 10 . 8/16/2009
You had me at "aristocratic." I love that word. I love that you used that word in this haiku. I love that such a strong sense of regality was placed alongside 'monstrous' imagery. This was a great way to end the collection. I daresay that this is one of the best haiku collections I've ever read on FP. If I haven't mentioned it already, your diction level is downright exceptional. What else can I say? Keep up the wonderful work, Amaury. You should definitely write another haiku collection soon. :)
Isca chapter 9 . 8/16/2009
"She will fly into my chest." I love this line. I couldn't help but think that the speaker believes that after his 'waiting period' is over, he will finally 'fall in love' with the right woman.